Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Groovin'
benhaddadm
Accepted Solution

i have problem in backlight lcd sony vpcsc1afm

hello
i have sony vaio vpcsc1afm cw mb : A1820714A 3002454
I bought a new motherboard is compatible with the old motherboard , end has been installed in my sony
new Motherboard informatio, : MBX-237 i5-2410M 2.3GHz CPU A1820714A
After replacing the board their is no backlight on the LCD .
With that in the old mother board it works normaly
I have read in the net  forums about "pid switch"
help me please ...
thank you

Please use plain text.
RyanC

Re: i have problem in backlight lcd sony vpcsc1afm

Hello benhaddadm,

You are correct, there is a DIP switch setting on the motherboard that should be set according to what LCD is present.

My first recommendation would be to mimic or copy the exact DIP setting on the old motherboard.

If the old motherboard has been modified or removed, below are the 3 possible switch configurations for this model depending on which of the 3 possible LCDs it could have:

Config1:  1on, 2off

Config2:  1off, 2on

Config3:  1on, 2on

(note: in all 3 configs above, switch 3 is always off, switch 4 is always on)

To give you a definitive answer on what config you should be using, i would need to know what LCD part number is on your model (knowing the serial number or service tag would allow me to look this up).

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
benhaddadm

hi

Thank you for your response

I want to tell you that he was prepared Dip switch settings such as the old motherboard, but still the same problem.

1 ON      

2 OFF    

3 OFF    

4 ON    
I want to know how i found LCD part number.

thank you for help ...

Please use plain text.
RyanC

Can you provide me the serial number and/or service tag on the bottom of your notebook?  I will try to determine what LCD your notebook came with.

It is also possible the backlight in your LCD is out and needs to be replaced (invertor or LCD or both).  But first, we should definitely confirm the correct LCD Dip Switch setting.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
benhaddadm

S/N: 27539130 3012424
SERVICE TAG : C608YVU3

- I think that the problem is not from the LCD because the old motherboard function normally

- the problem Old moyherboard is: when i buy the sony laptop "i bought it here in ebay site " when i run it i found password by "intel anti-theft" , I could not decode this password, I have tried a lot but I could not, I've emailed the seller, but to no avail
for this I decided to buy a new motherboard
Please use plain text.
RyanC

[ Edited ]

Did you experiment with the other configurations i gave?  The service manual suggests that the LCD the unit came with from the factory is a CMI panel (not AUO or CPT) and the proper combination is 1(on) 2(off) 3(off) 4(on) like you already tried.

However, you bought it on Ebay so i have no way of knowing if the previous owner ever changed any parts or anything. So you should try the other combinations above.  ALso make sure you have the correct orientation for "on" and "off" and not reversed.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
benhaddadm

I did not try those sittings, I've been waiting for your response
Will try those settings
Please use plain text.
RyanC

[ Edited ]

Okay, let me know if the other combinations do not work either.  

Since you mentioned you tried the old mbx and the lcd began working again, it has to either be the switch combination causing the issue, or perhaps a loose connection for the LCD cable when you use the new motherboard.  It is also possible the new board is damaged.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
benhaddadm

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, I have changed the dip switch settings, but the problem remains the same
I've noticed when using the new motherboard, the Dip region heats a little bit ...

Is it possible to be changed Dip switch from the old motherboard to the new motherboard... is the solution?

thank you again for help

Please use plain text.
RyanC

benhaddadm wrote:

Is it possible to be changed Dip switch from the old motherboard to the new motherboard... is the solution?

Unfortunately components like that cannot be removed, they are soldered onto the board.  I think the best solution is to return the motherboard for exchange, it seems the one you recieved may be DOA / damaged.

Please use plain text.