Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (1,559 Views)

sve15137ch: how to get in UEFI-CSM mode?

[ Edited ]

hi

i've got a sve15137ch with a W8 OS pre-inslled and all my efforts to instll a W7  on it have faild so far; how? well, i'm trying to do it in UEFI/GPT mode    ;which is the only option i              have , as i want to keep my w8 untouched because it is on a gpt-schemed disk and changng the partitioing scheme to Master Boot thing requires a total destructiom of all things Smiley Happy  turns out things could get sortd out if i could get systm into UEFI-CSM  mode and boot the instller, but all i that i come through in the boot options is UEFI and Lgeacy mode , i.e, no compat-module whatsoever; what should i do now to get the w7 thing instll on my sys? by the way, my fw is r0170d5   .

thanks a lot (in advance)

Highlighted
Message 2 of 2 (1,453 Views)

Re: sve15137ch: how to get in UEFI-CSM mode?

Hi icefapper

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

Unfortunately, we do not recommend dual booting on your Vaio computers. The BIOS on Vaio computers has restrictions and limitations. If you just want to test Windows 7 (maybe for some reason), you may use a virtual machine software instead. 

Your unit Vaio SVE15137CH is not a U.S. model and we have limited information about the specifications and settings. 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook