Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Tuning Up
DAUDane
Accepted Solution

why does vaio care recovery updater fail

VAIO Update tells me to update "vaio care recovery updater". When I press "update" the download progress bar briefly appears and then is replaced by "installation failed - please try later". Trying later has exactly the same results. Yes, I am connected to the internet.

Please use plain text.
NickT

Re: why does vaio care recovery updater fail

Hi DAUDane,

Please provide model of unit to better assist you with.  Also if you can, go to www.esupport.sony.com and manually download the Vaio Care Recovery Updater and install from computer. 

Nick--

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
DAUDane

[ Edited ]

The model is SVF15A1M2ES.

The website www.esupport.sony.com takes me to a promotion page at campaign.odw.sony-europe.com which has no links to support. It is just trying to sell me 4 new VAIOs.

When I go to esupport.sony.com (without the www) and select drivers and downloads, and then enter SVF15A1M2ES I am told to go to the Europe Support Website. I do so and enter United Kingdom and then do a search on either the model or on "vaio care recovery updater download" both of which do not come up with the download.

It would appear that your European or UK support sites are lacking support and your site links are broken.

Please would you point me to a site where I can download the "VAIO care recovery updater" for my model.

My experience of the UK support so far for this computer is not good. I think the support part of your websites needs investment.

Please use plain text.
RyanC

Hello DAUDane,

Here is a link to the Sony UK site download page for SVF15A1M2ES VAIO Care Recovery Updater

This forum community primarily supports US and Pan America regions.  We have no control over the Sony Europe (more specifically Sony UK) support sites.  If you have any further difficulty with that download, Please contact Sony Europe for assistance.

Please use plain text.