Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 14 (40,294 Views)
Accepted Solution

Battery Problem after Windows 10 installation

[ Edited ]

I recently installed Windows 10 and get an error message when I have my battery inside the laptop Sony Vaio VPCCW2PFX.

The error message is  "Battery may not be properly connected to the computer or may not be compatible with the computer"

I bought the laptop battery in December 2014 and made sure was compatible. I had no problems until installed Windows 10.

Expert
Message 2 of 14 (40,277 Views)

Re: Battery Problem after Windows 10 installation

There are other topics that discusses your error and has some suggestions on how to fix it.

Message 3 of 14 (40,065 Views)

Hi Pitsch

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sad to hear that you encountered an error after the Windows 10 upgrade. Since Sony hasn't released any drivers and software compatible for the new operating system there are limitations or issues that you might encounter (yours is the battery). The battery also needs a compatible driver for it to work with your newly upgraded laptop. 

You can try the troubleshooting steps on this link and see if it will work. For additional troubleshooting click on this link.

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 4 of 14 (39,375 Views)

Accept As Solution. Thanks Jen

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 14 (39,152 Views)

I am going to guess you upgraded rather than fresh install and vaio battery manager does not like the windows 10 OS - so 2 suggestions -

1, uninstall battery manager - use the windows 10 one - its fine

2, do a fresh install of win 10 - delete all the Vaio bloatware - (rather than reinstall just repair the win 10 installation its quicker )

all the drivers you need are either in Win already or the Vaio restore disc will allow them to run on Win 10 - or download the manufacturers ones for win 10 once installed

regards

Steve

Sony Vaio FW11-ZU - Running Windows 10 Pro

Rookie
Message 6 of 14 (39,064 Views)

Hi stevengjames, I was wondering if you wouldnt mind tell to me where to d/l a vaio restore disc as I dont have one. I have clean insalled 10 64bit on my sve14112EGB and i am trying to get drivers and patches for fn keys etc... please help if you don't mind :-D
Message 7 of 14 (38,838 Views)

Hi anticraic

Unfortunately, you cannot download the image of the operating system or recovery disc of your unit. You actually had the option to create a copy but you mentioned that you did clean install Windows 10. You just deleted the recovery partition of your machine. You may purchase a copy instead. Just contact Sony Support Asia-Pacific for further assistance: http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific

Regards,

Vincent 

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 14 (38,793 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi not neccessarly true - Win 10 actually installs itself on the C drive - the recovery partition is not on the C drive !!

Check the disk manager to see if you have the restore partition ?

Also check if you have the sony vaio restore option withing the restore back up section of the control panel -

If you have go it then i think while the system boots and the Vaio sign appears tap f2 - this differs on some vaios but try a google search for your particular model 

Also you can purchase the restore disks from Vaio-care - 

If you have the recovery partition it will also give you the option to burn a fresh set of recovery disks

regards

Steve

Vaio FW11-ZU - Win 10 Pro running like a dream 

Rookie
Message 9 of 14 (14,992 Views)

Hi,

has there been any updates on this ? Because i still haven't fixed the issue on my sony vaio vpceh3b1e and it still says battery not connected evn though it is. This  issue occured right after i "upgraded" to windows. 

Please help

Message 10 of 14 (14,799 Views)

Hi Linah

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

If you did Windows 10 upgrade, we suggest resetting back to the previous version. VPCs came with either Windows Vista or Windows 7 and these units do not have updated drivers that will support the latest O.S. 

For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

Vincent 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook