Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (1,671 Views)
Accepted Solution

Battery level can not be charged above 80% - Vaio laptop SVE14A2M1E

Got this laptop from a friend and set it up by myself without using any sony recovery software. it has a absolutely clean windows 10 home installation and the battery doesn't charge above 80%.

Google told me I need to install Sony specific software - in this case the control center sw. I tried to install latest control center version from here and failed at installation - it just shows message, that

a newer version is already installed on this computer. installation will be aborted

Man Indifferent

So, my target is to get the battery fully loaded to 100%, best-case by installing any sw which let me put the right settings.

Another question would be, if a new battery would solve this also?

Thank you in advance guys for any ideas! Robot Happy

Message 2 of 3 (1,613 Views)

Re: Battery level can not be charged above 80% - Vaio laptop SVE14A2M1E

Hi B3nch,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with the laptop.  We suggest that you troubleshoot first the issue to verify if this is a hardware or a software related issue. We highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/ to assist you with this issue. 

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (1,460 Views)

Re: Battery level can not be charged above 80% - Vaio laptop SVE14A2M1E

[ Edited ]

hi,

thanks for responding to my request, but I don't want to bother sony support with this issue.

I fixed by getting a new battery. Now Battery will be charged up to 100%.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook