Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (830 Views)
Accepted Solution

Battery not recognized

Hello,

My VAIO Laptop VPCSB11FX/W had stopped recognizying battery, if I plug it in, it works otherwise it turns off.

What should I do?

I contacted VAIO but as it was bought at Sony Store they could not help me.

Thank you for your attention.

Message 2 of 6 (778 Views)

Re: Battery not recognized

Hi Hectorely,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear on what happened to the battery of your laptop. What is the current operating system of your device? Are you getting an error message or do you see an "x" on the battery icon located on the lower right side of the task bar? Was there a change prior to this issue?

Please refer to this link to perform some basic troubleshooting, https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42608/p/48903,49902,57460,70853/c/65,66/kw/battery...

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (746 Views)

Hello Jen, It  looks like my case is solved but it is not, I hope that you could help me in any way.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Message 4 of 6 (669 Views)

Hi Hectorely,

Oh, I'm not sure why it was tagged as resolved. Have you followed the steps that I've provided you? Any updates? Please answer the questions that I asked you on my previous post so I could look for other troubleshooting steps that is appropriate to the issue that you have. 

Thank you.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6 (491 Views)

Hello Jen,

Any answer for me? 

I did what you asked but still same problem, somebody told me that it could be the mothercard and that is not fixable, please advise.

Thank you

Hectorely

Message 6 of 6 (448 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Hectorely

Sorry to hear that the issue still pesist even after the troubleshooting. What is the current operating system of your laptop? Please refer to this link to check the status of the battery, https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43507/related/1 . By the way, have you already try different battery?

We recommend that you bring it to our authorized repair center for further diagnosis. Here is the link for the repair details, https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl?XID=M:header:esupport

Regards,
Jen

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook