Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (2,834 Views)

Bluetooth not working after upgrading to Windows 10 (64 Bit)

Hello There,

I am trying to connect my Bluetooth Bose Speaker to my SONY VAIO laptop. Below laptop and OS details:

Laptop model       : SONY VAIO VPCF136FM
Operating System : Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 (64 bit)

Bluetooth Device  : Bose SoundLink Mini

Problem:

The Bluetooth connection worked well in Windows 7. The problem started only when I upgraded to Windows 10. Bose support says it is a Windows 10 problem or Sony Bluetooth protocol problem. Even my Windows phone does not connected to my laptop anymore.

Tried Solutions:

(A) Situation:

Performed Update drivers and tried connecting to the Bluetooth device, in vain. There is no Bluetooth sound in the control panel-sound-playback devices.

Finally, I uninstalled Bluetooth drivers from the device manager.

(B) Installation of Broadcom® Bluetooth® Driver (using the set compatibility):

After uninstall, there is no Bluetooth icon in the taskbar. Downloaded the Bluetooth driver from Sony support related to my laptop model: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VPCF136FM&LOC=3#/downloadTab

Broadcom® Bluetooth® Driver: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=VPCF136FM&upd_id=6038&os_group_id=6

(C) Situation after Bluetooth installation:

There is no change after installation of the Manufacturer Bluetooth driver from Sony. Under Device Manager-Bluetooth I see 3 entries:

1. Bose Mini II SoundLink

2. Generic Bluetooth Adapter

3. Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

and

in another section in Device Manager I see:

Other devices:

1. Bluetooth Peripheral Device (with a '?' mark in white, no yellow color)

In Action Center, I see a message: "This app Can't run on this PC. Broadcom Bluetooth Software doesn't work on this PC"

There is still no Bluetooth sound in the Control Panel-Sound-Playback devices

Please advice. Appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Donnie

Message 2 of 7 (2,772 Views)

Re: Bluetooth not working after upgrading to Windows 10 (64 Bit)

Hi inddon

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

We do not recommend upgrading the operating system of your Sony Vaio VPCF136FM to Windows 10 due to lack of Win10 drivers: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VPCF136FM&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/d...Sony provided Win 10 updates only to units came with Windows 8 and 8.1. 

For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

Vincent 

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (2,755 Views)

Hello Vincent,

Thank you for your reply.

When would SOny come up with the WIndows 10 drivers?

Regards,

Don

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7 (2,096 Views)

[ Edited ]

I don't think that you are going to find Sony taking the time to write new drivers for these VPCEE31FX machines that came with Windows 7, they want to sell their newer machines instead.

Maybe some philanthropic Windows geek will take the time to write the code for new drivers for Windows 10, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. I've found the easiest thing to do is to just use an inexpensive USB Bluetooth micro dongle instead of wasting time and money on this issue. You can buy them on ebay for $6 delivered and they work just as well.

Expert
Message 5 of 7 (2,087 Views)

Windows 10 installs Bluetooth drivers, so there is no need to install other ones. The Windows 10 Bluetooth stack works very well and is easy to use. Maybe the old drivers need to be unistalled manually after the upgrade, so that Windows 10 can install the compatible Microsoft drivers. Normally it shouldn't be necessary to buy additional BT hardware.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7 (2,073 Views)

I agree with the last post. I am running a VPCSA3BGX with Windows 10 and it runs fine. The bluetooth driver was one of the drivers that I did NOT use a Sony driver for. The one that comes with Windows 10 when you install it works very well on mine and is probably more up to date than any of those old Sony drivers. I did a clean install and did not do an "upgrade" of the Windows 7 I previously ran.

When it comes to Windows 10 and you have a model beginning with VPC, don't expect much of an answer or support from Sony. As soon as they see you are running a VPC laptop, you're just going to get a generic response that either tells you not to upgrade or if you did already, they will 99.9% of the time just tell you to "roll back" to your earlier versions of Windows.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 7 of 7 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]

The one that comes with Windows 10 has worked very well on mine and is probably more up to date than any of those old Sony drivers. I followed simple steps given here and did not do an "upgrade" of the Windows 7 I previously ran.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook