Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 1 of 3 (998 Views)

Laptop Model SVE14A35CXH - Can I Update Newest Win 8 BIOS on my Free Upgraded Win 10 Machine

[ Edited ]

Theres a new BIOS version in the drivers section that's almost 3 years newer than the BIOS I have installed now.

This Laptop came with Windows 8 installed and I recently upgraded to Windows 10 while it was free.

Can I still use this new BIOS thats supposed to be for Windows 8 or will it work for Win 10 too?

I don't care if it would give some minor bugs or simple problems. I just want to know if it'll completely blow up my laptop if I do this new BIOS update. I really, really, really, want to update my darn BIOS!

Please help support gods!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SONY Pls Send Free 16gRAM For My SVE14A35CXH. Compensate for the Product Registration Bug
Message 2 of 3 (923 Views)

Re: Laptop Model SVE14A35CXH - Can I Update Newest Win 8 BIOS on my Free Upgraded Win 10 Machine

Hi, Wishkah353

Welcome to Sony Community! 

How did you upgrade the operating system to Windows 10? It is recommended to download and install all drivers and software of the computer before jumping to Windows 10 upgrade. That means, the BIOS should be updated as well. R0210V5 is the latest version we have: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=SVE14A35CXH&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#....  If you run VAIO update (and Windows Update) before Win10 upgrade, most likely the BIOS is already updated. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 3 (511 Views)

Re: Laptop Model SVE14A35CXH - Can I Update Newest Win 8 BIOS on my Free Upgraded Win 10 Machine

ok, I didnt do the update before I did the win 10 update while it was free and you'd see the little icon on the bottom right.

I got everything working now, but I ended up having to reformat etc w a clean windows install and update BIOS before I did the win 10 install like you said. had all the drivers on a usb prior too rdy to go.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SONY Pls Send Free 16gRAM For My SVE14A35CXH. Compensate for the Product Registration Bug

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook