Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (877 Views)

Model Number SVE1511FXS suddenly wireless turns off amd will not come back on. Running the Windows 10 upgrade

I was working on my laptop with no issue this am. Suddenly the wireless quit working. Noticed it was off (no manual switch) and went into settings to turn it on. I'd slide the button over, but it would not change anything. Once of close the settings window and reopen, it would be in the off position again. 

Please help!!

Message 2 of 7 (819 Views)

Re: Model Number SVE1511FXS suddenly wireless turns off amd will not come back on. Running the Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Rcrain17,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience. The model SVE1511FXS is not recognized by our system, please verify the model number. You may check it on the VAIO Care app.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (817 Views)

Re: Model Number SVE1511FXS suddenly wireless turns off amd will not come back on. Running the Windows 10 upgrade

SVE151D11L.
Message 4 of 7 (812 Views)

Hi Rcrain17,

It looks like the SVE1511FXS is incomplete, please double check it the model. You may go to VAIO Care app and click "About VAIO" on the list. 

Please see the image below. 

vaio care app1.jpg

The SVE151D11L is the chassis number of the laptop. 

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (808 Views)

It is listed as the model number.
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7 (735 Views)

Hi, Rcrain17

You may also check the model name in BIOS or check the sticker on your computer: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38141/. To isolate this wireless network issue, you may boot the unit in Safe Mode. Make sure to select Safe Mode with Networking in step 6. 

Hope that helps. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (725 Views)

I have the model number correct. I've had thos laptop for years and know what I'm talking about on a ****** model number. I have also corrected the issue without any assistance from thia forum.

This has been a phenomenal waste of time. Thank you all gor absolutely nothing.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook