Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (635 Views)

No Video Playback After Upgrade To Windows 10 - Except in QuickTime Player! - X-reality Issue?

I have a Vaio VPCEA2FFX . (AMD RADEON Series 5000). After upgrade to windows 10 64bit (from original windows 7 64bit), I cannot play any video on media player, or classic player or windows 10 movie app. They only have sound during playback. (For windows movie app, it cannot play anything). It is wonderful that, only Quicktime player, can play videos (the formats that it can play, not all).

I noticed from other discussions that perhaps the problem is because of X-reality feature at Vaio control center, but my version of control center which is old, has no bottum to turn that on or off. I tried to update it, but couldn't find any compatible version. I tried to uninstall it and find another version (because I couldn't update it), but I cannot find newer version that can run on my laptop in windows 10. 

I don't have access to any Sony agent. I wonder why the sony is not supporting this very primary requirement for a laptop to be able to play videos in windows 10. What is the solution now? 

Message 2 of 3 (575 Views)

Re: No Video Playback After Upgrade To Windows 10 - Except in QuickTime Player! - X-reality Issue?

[ Edited ]

Hi Alirezap,

Welcome to Sony Community!

The model VPCEA2FFX is not compatible with Windows 10 operating system. As a matter of fact, the driver support is only for Windows 7 operating system. Upgrading the laptop to Windows 10 is possible but due to lack of drivers for the said version, there will be limitations on some functions. 

Our suggestion is to go back to the original version to get retain the loss functions.

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (493 Views)

Re: No Video Playback After Upgrade To Windows 10 - Except in QuickTime Player! - X-reality Issue?

Thank you for your response.

If I decide to continue using windows 10 (Specially because roll back to windows 7 available only a month after upgrade and recover windows  7 from backup would makes difficulties), since everything works fine except playing videos, is there any way that I can turn off the x-reality for mobile? If Sony only could help to solve this problem, it would be great. Just to provide a control center for Vaio vpcea2ffx, that has a checkbox to turn the x-reality feature off. I don't think there is a findamental differnece between this version of vaio and other versions which has recevied that support and a new control centre.

It is very strange that I can play some videos in QiuckTimeplayer! but not any other player!

Thanks again.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook