Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (610 Views)

SVP132A1CL camera can't be found

In trying to use my camera for a video chat, I get a message "We can't find your camera." I have verified that I have the latest drivers installed. Although I have had the laptop for 4 years, this is the first time I have tried the camera function, so I don't know if it ever worked. The audio works fine ... the person on the other end could hear me perfectly.

Message 2 of 3 (524 Views)

Re: SVP132A1CL camera can't be found

Hi Rescue28,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear that camera on your laptop stopped working, May we know what is the current operating system of your device? Any changes that happened prior to the issue? 

By the way, the SVP132A1CL is the chassis number of the laptop. To check the correct model just go to VAIO care application then go to "about your VAIO", on this page you'll see the information on your device.

For the meantime, try to uninstall and reinstall the camera driver, just go to the link below for the instructions. 

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37440

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (513 Views)

Re: SVP132A1CL camera can't be found

Jen,

Using your guide, I pulled up the model number as SVP1321BPXR. The machine came with Win 8 and I upgraded to Win 10 (during the free upgrade period). I will try deinstalling and reinstalling the drivers and let you know what happens.

Since I have never used the camera, I have no idea when it quit working (or if it ever worked ... I assume that it originally did).

Thanks

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook