VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 1 of 53 (11,458 Views)

Solution for freezing/bsod issue after Win10 upgrade on SVE14A27CXH

Hello guys!
I wanted to create this topic to help those who are experiencing blue screen or freezing issue (as well as heating up with crazy fan issue) after performing Windows 10 upgrade on their Sony VAIO SVE14A27CXH laptops:

so here we go!

this problem is caused by AMD/Intel drivers who are not working properly on Windows 10.

and as AMD does not support officially the Switchable graphics function on newer versions of their drivers, and Sony doesnt want to provide us with official solutions we are experiencing this issue.

But luckily we have a solution!

To fix this problem you will have to download Leshcatlabs drivers from their website and install it!

So here is how you should do this:

1 Step: Upgrade to Windows 10 step by step following official Sony's instructions.

2 Step:Then update all of your sony software and anything else you need except Graphics drivers.

(Now the most important part):

3 Step: download leshcatlabs drivers last version from their website! (leshcatlabs.net)

4 Step: Now you need to wipe out your existing AMD and Intel graphics drivers from your laptop! For this, download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from "wagnardmobile.com" website and launch it!

5 Step: in that utility you will have to uninstall AMD and Intel HD drivers. Better do it in safemode! the utility will offer you this. after removing AMD driver, reboot then remove also the Intel HD driver.

5 Step: Now when you are cleaned up the drivers launch the Leshcatlabs driver installer. Before deploying, go to Options and make sure you have selected "With Intel HD Graphics (Iris)" then press Deploy. it will unpack the drivers (usually to C:/Drivers/ folder.

6 Step: go to unpacked drivers and launch Unifl_Installation_Assistant.bat (Launch it as an Administrator)

7 Step: it will open command promt. ther you must press S then press Enter to start installation process. Follow the installation process.

8 Step: After installation is done it will offer you to reboot your computer. Agree for reboot.

9 Step: After reboot it will automatically launch AMD driver installer. dont close it. and install it normally. after finishing reboot your computer again (it will offer)

10 Step: now you're Done! press right mouse button and make sure that the Switchable Graphics option is avalible (Graphics Properties and Configure Switchable Graphics).

If they are in place you're done 100%!

and your laptop will not freeze, heat up or bsod anymore.

Btw, DO NOT remove your drivers from Device menu by uninstalling drivers from there with windows resources when you are using Win 8 or Win 10. it can brick your drivers and you will have to perform windows reinstall for fixing it.

And yeah i dont take any responsabilities if you will do something wrong during this process and damage ur laptop somehow (which is kinda unlikely).

SO now you have normally working laptop on Win10 without any problems.

i've done this on my SVE14A27CXH which is on 24/7 and so far havent had any single freezing issue for about  a month already.

Have Fun =)

Expert
Message 2 of 53 (11,445 Views)

Re: Solution for freezing/bsod issue after Win10 upgrade on SVE14A27CXH

btw i forgot to mention!

if your Intel driver doesnt want to install after launching assistant in cmd, try to choose something other than With Intel HD Graphics (Iris).

Apprentice
Message 3 of 53 (11,430 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the info.  

Is the overheating issue you mention the same as the fan just running and running?

Expert
Message 4 of 53 (11,407 Views)

exactly

Apprentice
Message 5 of 53 (11,314 Views)

So, I'm preparing to perform your driver replacements.

The driver I downloaded was Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL v1.2, correct?

Expert
Message 6 of 53 (11,291 Views)

yes!
Apprentice
Message 7 of 53 (11,236 Views)

For kiaksar2142

I want to thank you for your post on Windows 10 drivers.  I just performed the driver update steps listed in your post and wanted to let you (and others) know that your instructions were RIGHT ON.  Everything worked as written.  Took about an hour or so.

I did the right click at the end and it showed what you said it should.

I noticed an AMD Gaming Evolved application that is running.  I ended it.  I assume it is not needed.

Right now I'm listening hard and can't hear the FAN.  Hopefully all worked and will continue to work as it did for you.

I'll post a status update in a few weeks.

Thanks again!

Apprentice
Message 8 of 53 (11,201 Views)

Well, sorry to say the solution above did not fix the problem.

This morning the fan started getting real loud and that is a sign that the system froze up. Sure enough, the system was hung, just like before, and all I could do was power off the laptop and reboot.

Sadly, I will be looking for a solution again.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 53 (11,194 Views)

Sorry to hear it didn't work.  I did some internet searches and found that Leshcatlabs that was recommended has a bad reputation for installing malware. Posts I found were old, so it could be safer now.  But still didn't fix Merc's problem. Which is the exact same issue I had when I tried Win10 couple of months ago.

I will continue to delay Windows10 upgrade until this blog reports a genuine fix.  Probably will have to keep 8.1 until I have to buy another computer.  Now I go straight to the 8.1 desktop where I have all my icons.  Looks just like my Windows 7 box at the office and everthing works.

Expert
Message 10 of 53 (11,168 Views)

[ Edited ]

guys you have downloaded wrong version.
the last version is Catalyst_15.11_Beta_UnifL_v1.0
and leshcatlabs driver doesnt install amd gaming evolved utility.
you have probably downloaded wrong or unofficially modded version.
make sure to download lates version from here:
http://leshcatlabs.net/downloads_unfil/

it will work.

p.s. 

it doesnt have malware. just some paranoid antiviruses are thinking its some kind of system modification. because it actually DOES modificates your system as its community made drivers.

i always used their drivers on my old computers and didnt had any problem.

try what i said, and tell me if that helped you.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook