VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 21 of 53 (1,959 Views)

Re: Solution for freezing/bsod issue after Win10 upgrade on SVE14A27CXH

Hello,

Many thanks. It worked. I am not expereiencing any freezing the past 14 hours. The only problem I encountered was the brightness control for the screen does not work any longer. Please help.

Many thanks.

Message 22 of 53 (1,909 Views)

Hi navigator,

Welcome to Sony Community!

It's good to know  that the freezing issue is already resolved. I hope you also mentioned what is the model name of your laptop:

1. Open Vaio Control Center

2. Click Display settings

3. Click Automatic Brightness Settings

4. Uncheck the box next to Adjust Brightness Automatically.

5. Hit Apply.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 23 of 53 (1,890 Views)

Hi Jen,

I tried to do the process the second time as recommended by kiaksar2142 and everything became normal. My laptop is now working perfectly. The model number of my laptop is SVE14A37 CDH.

Many thanks.

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 53 (1,789 Views)

Many thanks to kiaksar2142.  I waited to try Win10 again until a few weeks ago thinking surely whoever owns Vaio now and the graphics card manufacturers would have gotten together and solved this by now.  But no, they haven't.   I followed  kiaksar2142 instructions.  It's been about 3 weeks with no freezing.

Two strange things happened though.  It tooks several reboots before I got the AMD screen to show. 

The other that I do not believe to be related to this issue was a flashing screen on one of my user accounts.  It happens on other brands.  None of the fixes posted worked for me.  One of my rarely used other accounts that didn't flash was used to rebuild my new desktop.  All links and shortcuts were still there under C: users.

So before you upgrade, create some extra desktop accounts.

Enthusiast
Message 25 of 53 (1,451 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey kiaksar2142,

I also have the same pc model as you, SVE14A27CXH. I tried your steps and it all seemed to work until it reached to AMD driver installation part. This happened on Windows 7/8 as well and I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. I've run it in administration too.

On my device manager, there's an exclamation icon next to "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". When I had Windows 8.1, it detected the AMD Radeon HD 7670m and worked, but after I tried reinstallations of the Windows 7, it has stayed as "Basic display adapter" and the fan is running horribly loud. Then when I tried Windows 10, it stayed the same. I did not use Sony Vaio Updates at all in any of the installations of the OS, maybe that is an issue?

I also try uninstalling the Intel HD Graphics 4000, but it just reinstalls itself automatically without letting me update drivers manually. Using your method, however, I was finally able to change the Intel Graphics driver but the problem is the AMD Graphics driver.

Would you or anyone happen to know a work-around for this issue? I've downloaded the drivers from the Sony Support page here but it has always crashed either at the start of the ATI/Catalyst/AMD start up or trying to recognize the graphics and gives the error "AMD Install Manager has stopped working".

I'm starting to believe there may be something wrong with the AMD graphics card itself since it hasn't been identified correctly, but I want to believe there is hope in it because it still detects it in the Device Manager. I just want to be able to use the AMD graphics, even if it means to kill the Intel one because I value performance a lot (I play a couple games). Any clues on how to fix this would be great.

Expert
Message 26 of 53 (1,444 Views)

hello! please tell me which version of leshcatlabs drivers you installed?

Enthusiast
Message 27 of 53 (1,427 Views)

I installed Catalyst 16.2.1 Unifl v1.0
Expert
Message 28 of 53 (1,412 Views)

Alright then my friend! i think i can help you with this one!

First of all, go to your Windows Update and turn automatic update off.

then remove the leshcatlabs driver with the help of display driver uninstaller in safe mod (i have wrote how to do it in first thread.
Then, go to your Control Panel, System, System, press Advanced System settings. navigate to hardware, and press Device installation  settings, and there press "No. (your device might not work as expected" and save changes.

Then install the leshcatdrivers again.

after installing, do not forget to turn OFF the automatic driver download/update in your AMD radeon settings.

It should help your problem

the problem is that Windows update and AMD update sometimes can download or install new drivers without letting you know. 

That causes the problems in working of Leshcatlabs drivers.

Try this, and let me know if it helped!

Enthusiast
Message 29 of 53 (1,399 Views)

I've also tried doing the "Never install driver software from Windows Update" on all the OS's I've tried. But what do you mean by changing this setting for the AMD driver update? The update manager (cmd prompt) that pops up always crashses at the beginning and says "ATI Install Manager has stopped working".  Also, would I be installing the leshcat driver after the reboot from uninstalling the Intel driver? 

Expert
Message 30 of 53 (1,374 Views)

AMD has its own update stuff in its settings. search for it after you install leshcatlabs driver.

And yeah. completely remove both of your drivers (both Intel and AMD in safe mod with display driver uninstaller) then install leshcatlabs drivers again.

and don't forget to turn off automatic updates of windows and AMD.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook