VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 31 of 53 (2,194 Views)

Re: Solution for freezing/bsod issue after Win10 upgrade on SVE14A27CXH

[ Edited ]

So I tried re-doing it again with all the steps. The Intel driver installs fine, but after the reboot and the AMD driver tries to install, it crashes and says "AMD Install Manager has stopped working". Taking a look at the device manager, there are two display adapter. One says "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000" which was just installed and the other still says "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" with a yellow exclamation point next to it.

Looking into its properties, the status reads: "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31). The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter."

Is it possible this is a hardware issue? Or is it something to do with ATI/AMD installer? Not sure where to go from here. Thanks btw for your quick responses. I've been trying so many things these past 3 days.

Expert
Message 32 of 53 (2,169 Views)

listen, try to download and install the latest AMD drivers. and see if they will install or not?

if yes, let me know. 
if no, try to analyse your amd videocard. there are tons of utilities for that.  if they also will not to be able to detect or check out your graphics card, you can have some hardware issue.

do this, and post here. let's see what we can do next

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 53 (2,161 Views)

So after using the DDU tool after uninstalling AMD and Intel graphics, I got this:

Inline image 1

I rebooted and then used the AMD AutoDetect to get this:

Inline image 1

I tried downloading this driver, AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 and got this:

Inline image 1

I used DDU to uninstall again and then reinstalled the updated AMD Driver: Radeon Crimson 16.3.2:

Displaying image.pngInline image 3

This looks like the screen I get when trying to install the Unifl AMD drivers too from leshcat.

Expert
Message 34 of 53 (2,156 Views)

can't open photos

Enthusiast
Message 35 of 53 (2,061 Views)

Thanks kiaksar2142!

Everything running well now on my sve14a27cxh.

Rookie
Message 36 of 53 (1,717 Views)

THANK YOU so much kiaksar2142, you are a life-saver.  I followed your directions exactly, it took about an hour.  It's been about a month now and I've had no crashes whatsoever.  THANK YOU again!

Enthusiast
Message 37 of 53 (1,611 Views)

[ Edited ]

Are you able to see the pictures now?

I've bought a desktop and have been using that for the most part these past couple months and have not explored further solutions for my problems with the laptop. I want revisit this thread to resolve the driver issues and get this laptop working properly and optimally again. Let me know when you have time to help and be my hero, kiaksar2142!

Expert
Message 38 of 53 (1,601 Views)

İ can help you mate! tell me more detailed please! 
did you make sure that its not your graphics card issue? ( i mean the physical issue not program)

Enthusiast
Message 39 of 53 (1,601 Views)

I'm not sure how I can check! I originally had Windows 7, but don't think I did the proper upgrade instructions provided by Sony to get to Windows 10. Is there a way to get this all figured out if I reinstall the OS to Windows 10 (clean install)?

Expert
Message 40 of 53 (1,575 Views)

you can try clean install but i doubt it will help.
Just roll back to Windows 7 and try to install it again with SOny's instructions.
After that follow the instructions i provided in this topic and install leshcatlabs drivers.
most probably you had some problems during win10 installation and thats why its not working properly.

btw, try also to clean your laptop and change the thermal paste of graphics card. its possible that its overheating and shutting itself down to avoid thermal damage.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook