Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 41 of 53 (1,834 Views)

Re: Solution for freezing/bsod issue after Win10 upgrade on SVE14A27CXH - Disk Spike to 100%

Hello:  I am joining this thread late as a friend asked me to look into why is Sony laptop has basically stopped working since he upgraded to Windows 10.  The laptop is freezing, but the reason that it is freezing is because the Disk Utilization is spiking to 100%.  There are no processes showing heavy disk utilization, so whatever the issue is, it is not related to a hung application causing the disk to spike.  I have read the MS KB article 3083595 that relates to this issue, but it seems to be specific to SSD drives, and since this laptop is circa 2009, I am sure it is running an older 5400 RPM sata disk.  Has anyone experienced the freezing due specifically to disk utilization spiking to 100%?  Any help is greatly appreciated. Thx   CPinCT

Apprentice
Message 42 of 53 (1,823 Views)

Re: Solution for freezing/bsod issue after Win10 upgrade on SVE14A27CXH

Anybody else having issues with Windows 10 installing the Anniversary update?  When it did, my laptop hung while booting right after the VAIO display. It just kept showing the busy circle of dots.  I tried everything but finally had to F8 and restore to a previous version of Windows 10.  That got me up and running again but I had to put my laptop into metered wi-fi mode to stop the update from installing again. Not sure what to do now.

Message 43 of 53 (1,782 Views)

Re: Solution for freezing/bsod issue after Win10 upgrade on SVE14A27CXH - Disk Spike to 100%

[ Edited ]

Hi CPinCT,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience. What is the model name and the current operating system of your laptop? When did the issue start? 

Let's try to lower down the Disc Utilization by following the steps below:

* Go to services.msc then look for background intelligent service

* Right click on background intelligent service then go to properties

* Under the General tab look for the startup type > choose disable using the drop down arrow

* Click on the STOP button on the Service details 

* hit the APPLY button

* restart the laptop

You may also visit this link for additional troubleshooting steps, https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39757/p/48903%2C49902%2C56414%2C56416/c/65%2C66/kw...

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Message 44 of 53 (1,779 Views)

Hi Mercury52,

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you don't want to receive any Windows update then you may turn off that feature, although turning updates off is not recommended:

1. Open Start menu.
  2. Search for Services.
  3. Open Services, find Windows Update
  4. Right-click, select Properties, then change Startup Type to Disabled. Right-click the service and select Stop.

Remember this is just a workaround and you should enable the "Windows Update" Service from time to time and get your computer updated. 

Kindly visit this link for further details, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12373/windows-update-faq

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

8_8 Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 45 of 53 (1,728 Views)

[ Edited ]

This has been driving me crazy for so long and I'm glad I've finally found a solution for it. The only thing is I'm not that computer savvy and that I'll probably mess something up attempting this. So what I wanted to know is do you have a step by step video of this?

Message 46 of 53 (1,697 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi 8_8,

We're glad that this thread would be able to help you with your current issue however we don't have step by step video of this. Have you tried to look at  www.youtube.com? There are several video tutorials  that you will find there on how to disable the Windows updates.

We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,
Jen

Enthusiast
Message 47 of 53 (1,033 Views)

Guys,

The link to download the drivers are not available anymore.

I still get my sony vaio SVE14A27CXH freezing after a while.

Anyone can help?

Apprentice
Message 48 of 53 (1,016 Views)

Thanks for the tip on stopping windows update but do you have any solution on how I can get the Windows 10 anniversary issue to install without freezing my lapton?

Message 49 of 53 (893 Views)

Hi Fercoronato,

Please refer to the link below to download the drivers that are compatible for your VAIO laptop,

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=SVE14A27CXH&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#...

In addition, the link below will help you troubleshoot the freezing issue on your laptop,

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39757/p/48903%2C49902%2C71051%2C71072/c/65%2C66/kw...

Regards,
Jen

Message 50 of 53 (891 Views)

Hi Mercury52,

To prevent the laptop from freezing while installing the updates. You may refer to this link for further assistance, https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44470/p/48903%2C49902%2C71051%2C71072/c/65%2C66/kw...

If it still freezes, try to do it on Safe Mode with networking.

Regards,
Jen

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook