Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (1,385 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unable to boot ISO file from USB

A Windows 10 update killed my laptop a couple months ago. I have been doing extensive research on how to fix it (currently on my old Vista laptop). Windows attempts to run auto repair, but I get a black screen after a few minutes. I was able to download an ISO file to a USB, but I am unable to get the computer to boot from the USB. My Viao model is VPC-EB33FM/BJ. I have BIOS set to load from an external drive, but it doesn't, even when I hit F11. Any help would be appreciated. I really don't want to lose all my files and music.

Message 2 of 6 (1,355 Views)

Re: Unable to boot ISO file from USB

Hi Pooka5,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We understand how frustrating it will be if you lose all your files. Please be aware that this model VPCEB33FM/BJ is not compatible with Windows 10 operating system, therefore, the unit lacks some of the drivers that it needs to get full support and functionality. We strongly suggest that you bring the unit to a repair center to save your files from the hard drive. you may refer to this link for further assistance, https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (1,353 Views)

[ Edited ]

If it's not compatible, why did Windows allow the dowload? That sounds like a simple excuse to make your support money. Better yet, is there any way I can reload Windows 7?

Message 4 of 6 (1,209 Views)

Hi Pooka5,

Sony doesn't have drivers available for your specific model but you can still upgrade to Windows 10 operating system. Windows Update will try to install most of the (generic) drivers but some software may not work properly due to lack of drivers support from Sony. 

You can reload the original operating system using the VAIO Recovery Disc. If you created one then that can be used. You may check the availability of the recovery disc at Encompass.com. https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40648/p/48903,49902,55257,55264/c/65,66/kw/How%20t....

Regards, 

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6 (1,206 Views)

So your response to me saying you just want me to spend money is to give me a link to a website to buy a recovery disc because you no longer provide them when a computer is purchased? Are you kidding me? I think it's time to buy a mac. Windows 10 worked fine for months, so don't give me the excuse that it's not compatible.
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6 (1,189 Views)

Thanks for nothing. I just wasn't using a program to write a boot able USB with the ISO file. My computer is repairing disk errors now. Instead of telling people no, try asking if they burned the USB with a program to makeep the USB bootable.

For anyone having the same issue, download Rufus and use that to burn the ISO file to the USB.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook