Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (2,213 Views)

Vaio laptop won't boot after upgrade to windows 10

I have a vaio laptop model: SVF15318SNB. It was preloaded with windows 8. Recently I have upgraded it to windows 10. After successfully completing the upgrade the laptop shutdown to restart but it never restarted. I see the VAIO logo only. It won't go further. I tried assist to restart the laptop in safe mode but I don't see the option. Please help me restart the laptop.

Message 2 of 4 (2,164 Views)

Re: Vaio laptop won't boot after upgrade to windows 10

Hi Pavantsubhash,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Sorry to hear about this, Try the steps below:

1. Perform a power reset

2. BIOS reset, if possible.

3. Replicate the issue

Here is the link for additional troubleshooting, https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34849/p/48903,49902,91612,93889/c/65,66/kw/no%20bo...

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (1,936 Views)

Thanks for the reply but it has not solved the issue. Please suggest any other solution.

Rookie
Message 4 of 4 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Start your pc and use the F11 to boot into recovery mode.

Next select Advanced and then Command prompt. From here run chkdsk c: /r /x and watch the magic work. If

chkdsk only scans you will need to run sfc /scannow and reboot. Problem solved!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook