Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (1,516 Views)

WINDOWS 10 CONTROL CENTRE

After checking with Microsoft I did a full clean install of Windows 10 64 bit my VGNFW290

Everyting is fine except as there is no control centre I cannot control the battery charging and it is charging at 100% which I do not want.

I have done lots of searching but just go round in circles........

What is a solution to this please ?

Message 2 of 7 (1,456 Views)

Re: WINDOWS 10 CONTROL CENTRE

Hi Corrour,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We do not recommend upgrading the OS to Windows 10. The drivers and software that we have for this laptop are for up to Windows 7 only. The Vaio Control Center is removed on Windows 10. You may perform a full format recovery if you want the Vaio Control Center function. https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36806/

We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (1,383 Views)

Is there USA toll free number?

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7 (1,202 Views)

This is not a solution..

how do you control battery charging on a new Windows 10 laptop??????

If you can then make it available..

Message 5 of 7 (1,165 Views)

Hi Cssee,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Thank you for your message. On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America. For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7 (765 Views)

Do you have a solution to this yet as my battery is at 100% all of the time which as you know is not good 

All I ask is a minor software application that will allow me to stop charging at say 50 or 75% like I had before 

john lee

Rookie
Message 7 of 7 (761 Views)

Battery care function not only os controlled, if you turn on battery care function (example: %50) vaio control center write this data on the bios. this means this rule in any case it becomes law. new operating system installation cant change or ignore this law.

Serch machine model number on the support page, Install preinstalled version hardware drivers and vaio control center and then install windows 10 version drivers and vaio control center.

Battery care function only controlled by vaio control center sofware.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook