Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Windows 10

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 1 of 4 (383 Views)

Webcam Driver Missing After Windows 10 Update - Help!

[ Edited ]

Laptop: Sony Vaio

Model #: SVE14A35CXH

second Laptop

Model #: SVE14AJ6L

My name is Chad Johnson and I have an issue that Sony needs to pay attention to. Again, my name is Chad and you should really listen to this...

So, some time between 10/01/2017 - 10/10/2017 there was a windows 10 update that totally effed with my webcam. I mean whatever auto-update installed in the background suddenly made my webcam driver completely dissapear. I mean it just went missing and i can't find it and my name is Chad.

I'm assuming it was a windows update that was the culprit, but can't be certain. possiblly one of the recent adobe flash updates that could have messed with it? or the cumulative update KB4041676 maybe? Idk, all I know is one day recently, I turned on my laptop and I couldnt even open my webcam to check out my Chad face, which I do usually a few times per day.

What did I do? First, I flipped the eff out. I mean I was mad. Then I tried downloading the windows 7 and windows 8  webcam drivers in compatability mode. NOPE. Didn't even come close to working. Then, I tried using some other random drivers on the internet I thought may be compatable and nothing. I mean I even downloaded some ****** bloatware "super driver whatever" and even those couldnt get my webcam driver back, but they had updates for 25 other out of date ones like SATA driver, etc.

After that, I tried uninstalling some of the most recent window updates that seemed as if they may have messed with the webcam, then tried installing the webcam drivers in compatability mode. Still, to no avail. the only single driver I Was able to get installed was something called Arcsoft or Arclight, or something like that, but it was incompatable with my model.

So, Sony, PLEASE get some kind of fix or new driver for us vaio owners that got effed in the B with these new windows updates screweing with our webcams. We need our selfies and SKYPES. I doubt Microsoft is going to give a ****** about our webcams. Will you?

Chad would not like to hear SONY doesn't support my laptop model in windows 10 anymore. You don't want to make Chad mad do you?

Chad out

Edit: In all sincerity, though I submitted a feedback report at microsoft if anyone with this same issue and older unsupported laptop vaio models would PLEASE upvote it and maybe Microsht will actually make a webcam driver they broke with one of their updates here : https://aka.ms/W0dulx  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SONY Pls Send Free 16gRAM For My SVE14A35CXH. Compensate for the Product Registration Bug
Message 2 of 4 (323 Views)

Re: Webcam Driver Missing After Windows 10 Update - Help!

Hi Wishkah353,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Please make sure that you only have one driver for the webcam. Installing everything will worsen the issue. The Sony website already informed the customers that no need to download the camera driver for Windows 10 operating system, they are included in the Windows® 10 operating system. 

You may refer to this link for the details,

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=SVE14A35CXH&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#...

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 4 (317 Views)

This is the strange thing, though. I did nothing when my webcam mysteriously stopped working sometime between 10/01/2017 - 10/10/2017 more closer to 10/10/2017. Whatever update microsoft did, screwed up the webcam. I understand their new driver is suppose to work for this model, but I didn't try uninstalling and re-installing drivers to make this happen. My cam just stopped working after a certain update within that range.

So, after that happened, I tried doing compatability mode installed of older versions etc.

I've been assured by windows 10 that all my drivers are up-to-date and working. however, whenever I try to open my cam using any site, it works as if there is no driver installed. Maybe I should have added that in there. It does work, but there are problems now. for example, if I try to open it in skype, or a site that uses flash and my webcam together, I can only use it in 640x480 mode and the fps are always less than 5. When before the update, and had the original sony drivers working, It supported 1440x resolutions etc. and would get 30 fps.

its just all weird now like an imporoper driver or no driver is installed. it feels like in xp/7 like if you used a stock microsoft version driver and had the little yellow caution sign next to the driver, but whatever peripheral would still "kind of" work.

any suggestions on how to fix this? I've put in a feedback for microsoft a while ago and feel I'll never get a response.

THANK you so much for responding to me, though!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SONY Pls Send Free 16gRAM For My SVE14A35CXH. Compensate for the Product Registration Bug
Message 4 of 4 (243 Views)

Hi Wishkah353,

Thank you for the update. 

Since Sony didn't provide a webcam driver for this model for Windows 10 operating system. Have you tried to do a system restore back to the days when the webcam was still working? 

You may also reformat the system back to its original setting.  

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36806

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook