Video Unlimited 4K is our storefront for 4K TVs only. To access Video Unlimited 4K, the 4K Ultra HD Media Player is required.
Before downloading new movies, please ensure that your 4K Ultra HD Media Player has enough remaining space. To check this, go to Settings > Storage Information. You can store up to 2TB (approximately 2000 Gigabytes) of your favorite 4K movies on the FMP-X1 4K Ultra HD Media Player's built-in hard drive, or add even more space for movies with an external drive (sold separately). Most Sony Pictures Entertainment 4K movies are typically 50GB in size, however many other movies are much smaller, somewhere between 500MB and 1GB.
1. Using your remote control (or Sony Tablet and VU 4K app with 84" model), launch the Video Unlimited 4K application to access the store.
2. Upon entering the store you will need to sign-into your Sony Entertainment Network Account. Accessing the store for the first time will likely require additional downloads for the Preview/Gallery/Main Movie sections.
3. Select a movie title that you wish to rent. The movie detail screen will be loaded.
4. From the detail section, choose "Download to Rent".
5. When you see the confirmation screen choose the "Download to Rent" button again.
5. After the download has finished, select "24hr Rental".
6. Press 'Watch Now' to enjoy your movie.
To help you skip download times, a selection of 4Kvideo titles have been pre-loaded onto the 4K Ultra HD Media Player's internal HDD prior to shipment, these are available for you to rent or purchase should you wish to. To access these movies simply do the following:
1. Using your remote control. Launch the Video Unlimited 4K application.
2. Once the service has loaded, sign-in with your Sony Entertainment Network Account and select the pre-loaded content you wish to rent.
3. In detail screen, choose to "24hr Rental".
4. You see the Confirmation screen and press "24hr Rental" button.