Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Voice Recorders

Groovin'
birckcmi

IC-AX412 MP3 recorder: can't "access" M2 card

IC-AX412 MP3 recorder: can't "access" M2 card. That about says it all. The recorder works fine until I insert the Sandisk 8GB M2 card, at which point everything stops and the message "Accessing" appears on the display, won't go away, and I have to shut down the recorder and take out hte batteries. AND there is no way to UN-write-protect a Sandsk M2 card. How do I find out where th problem is?

Please use plain text.
SamT

Re: IC-AX412 MP3 recorder: can't "access" M2 card

[ Edited ]

"Accessing" animation may also appear when the IC recorder is trying to read whatever is on the card but could not read it.

The IC recorder recognizes M2 and MicroSD cards. If it can't access the M2 card then try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check if the card is properly and securely inserted into the card slot as shown on page 40 of the manual.
2. Back up files on your M2 card then format the card to the FAT32 file system using your computer.
3. If issue persists then try another SanDisk card or another brand of 8GB M2 Card.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an “Accepted Solution”.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
birckcmi

Thank you for the prompt reply. I finally figured it out. The problem isn't the card or the recorder; It's Sony's moronic refusaal to accommodate Apple computers. I'm on a Mac. Does the software that came with the IC recorder run on any non-Windows computer? No, it does not, although the tech I chatted with on your website was unaware of that fact. He was unaware that any app with a name ending in ".exe" won't run on a non-Windows computer.

The card was brand new and unformatted. I inserted it, got the results I described and didn't know what to do, So I read the manual and found the note about formatting the card using the recorder. That claearly was a non-starter, so I plugged the recorder with the card still in it into the Mac. Both card and recorder appeared onscreen as individual volumes. I opened the Mac Disk Utility and formatted both of them.  Problem solved. Redorder now recognizes card.

Thanks for all your help, guys.

yours,

Birck Cox

Please use plain text.
SamT

[ Edited ]

You're a genius Birck! Thank you for sharing. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.