Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Voice Recorders

Tuning Up
cjlantier

ICD-PX312 trouble accessing M2 card

I got a Sony ICD-PX312 voice recorder over the week-end and I just now unpacked it. It works fine by itself but when I insert the Sandisk 8G M2 Memory Stick, it spends several minutes trying to access the card. Nothing else happens! I have inserted it in the right direction. I have taken it out and re-inserted it. I've turned the machine off and on. What else can I try?  

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
CharlieV

Re: ICD-PX312 trouble accessing M2 card

Hello Cindy,

Please make sure your Sandisk 8G M2 memory stick is not write protected by follow up with Sandisk support.  You can also try it with one of our compatible M2 memory stick models listed below.

MS-A16GU2, MS-A8GU2, MS-A4GU2, MS-A2GU2

Regards,

Charlie

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
birckcmi

Dear Charlie: there is no way to UN-write protect a sandisk 8GB M2 card. There is no slide switch on it.
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Camille95

Hello,

I am having the same problem.  Did you ever find out what the problem is?  Mine is taking a few minutes then it will work fine....is this normal??  I have to "plan" my use ahead of time??

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
birckcmi

I  think my problem was different. Once I got the card recognized, it's worked fine. My problem was in getting the whole assembly-recorder, card, and software, to work with my Apple iMac. Sony is Windows-only and refuses to accommodate Mac OSX, so I had to figure out a workaround. I tried a few things and they worked. So far no problems with the function of the card.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Camille95

I have not even tried to link up with my Mac :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
birckcmi

Maybe I can help. I'm not absolutely certain, but you probably need to format the card before you can use it. If you can't do that with the recorder itself, then use the computer and kill two birds. With the card in place, plug the recorder into the Mac via USB. It should come up as storage device plus a second storage device labeled "M2 card". Open Apple Disc Utility and  they will come up as separate drives in the menu. Check them both out with Verify and Repair, then Erase. That will format both devices, and theoretically they should be ready to use. If you are hitting a formatting issue, that should cure it. If it isn't a formatting issue, no harm done, assuming that there was nothing on the card to start with.

Please use plain text.