Welcome to the Community!

Voice Recorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (1,697 Views)

PCM-M10 does not power on

I had my PCM-M10 recorder connected to AC power adapter and was transferring files when the device turned off.  I thought maybe there was a problem with the adapter so I put some batteries in it and it still won't turn on.  What can I do to get it working again?  Thanks

Message 2 of 7 (1,672 Views)

Re: PCM-M10 does not power on

Hi Igrey,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Please check the troubleshooting steps in the link below.

-Kindly slide the POWER/HOLD switch in the direction of “POWER” for more than 1 second.

-The batteries have been inserted with incorrect polarity.

If you're still getting the same result, service may be required.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (1,663 Views)

Thanks Joffrey ,

I've attempted to power on the unit using the instructions you gave but it still doesn't power on even with batteries and even with AC power connected.  I followed the link you sent for repair but they categories for repair there are only

Cameras & Camcorders, Televisions, Home, Car & Portable* and VAIO® Computers

The handheld recorder doesn't fall under any of these categories.  Where can I find a repair facility for this device?  Thanks a lot for your help.

Message 4 of 7 (1,624 Views)

Hi Igrey,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Please contact United Radio Service Inc. at 1-800-634-8606.

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (1,446 Views)

Thanks Joffrey!

I've sent the recorder in to United Radio Service in Syracuse New York.  I called them first and the guy who answered seemed pretty professional. He said they charge ~70$ to fix + parts if it is possible.  I sent it via USPS priority from California which cost about $9.  So hopefully this will end up being an affordable way to get my unit fixed.  Posting my experience in case others have similar issues with theirs.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7 (1,282 Views)

Update:  Shipped out to United Radio.  They called a few days later than they had received my unit. About 10 days later got another call saying that they are unable to fix the unit and sending to Sony New Jersey facility and that I should expect a call from them in a few days to a week.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (814 Views)

Update:  I never heard from the Sony New Jersey facility, but I had their contact info and gave them a call about a week after when I expected to hear from them.  They had to track down my unit but were able to find it and said they'd give an estimate in a few days.  A few days later heard back and they basically said they have a replacement policy where instead of fixing the unit Sony will issue a new one for ~$170.  Including shipping back to me cost a little over $200.  Considering the cost of buying a brand new unit, I consider this to be a good solution since I used my old one for at least 5 years.   I received today my new unit by FedEx.  They even replaced with the same white color I had before which I thought was cool.  I just hope this one lasts. 90 day parts and labor warranty is also included with the new unit.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook