Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (1,590 Views)
Accepted Solution

Are Video Walkmans Discontinued?

So my Sony Walkman NWZ-S615FBLK has been my #1 device ... and wouldn't you know it, after ten years it's battery is getting a little unreliable. So I figured I'd upgrade to a Sony NWZ-E383BLK ... as far as I can tell, it's the same thing only newer and has all the features I'm looking for. So I click on "Where to buy?" Turns out the internet is sold out of them. (Not a good sign.) So the site directs me to three Best Buys. I visit Best Buy's website and I couldn't find it on there. (Not a good sign.) So I get in my car and drive to one of the Best Buys listed. I ask the sale assoiciate to point me to the Sony Walkmans - and the MP3 player selection is pitiful ... not even a Sony Walkman in the bunch. They look on their store catalog and they say they can order the Sony Walkmans - the ones without the video feature - but that's all they can really do. Sony says Best Buy sells the NWZ-E383 but Best Buy says that they don't sell the NWZ-E383. Is this whole line of Video Walkmans discontinued?

Message 2 of 3 (1,561 Views)

Re: Are Video Walkmans Discontinued?

Hi, ElimGarak

Welcome to Sony Community! 

You may try contacting other authorized retailers of Sony by visiting this page: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-accessories.pl

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (1,539 Views)

Re: Are Video Walkmans Discontinued?

I looked through the retailers, specifically at the ones with names I recognized and I knew they had websites - Walmart, Target, etc. and most of the time searching for "Sony Walkman" issues no results. I know from the times I went the store locations, they didn't have them either. Being a Sony authorized dealer doesn't mean they'll have every Sony product that's been made. If Sony's products aren't on the market, I can't buy them. I've been searching for months and I guess I'll have to try another brand or compromise to buy a verson that's in my budget but doesn't have half the features I like. I'm really not happy about my choices here ... but I can't think of any other options. Anyway, thanks for a quick reply. I'm taking it as a "Yes, it's pretty much discontinued if you can't find it anywhere."

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook