Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Walkman Players

Tuning Up
swidzb2
Accepted Solution

How do I create a playlist on a NWZ-W270?

I love this product but support is terrible.

Something happened to my Walkman, I had to delete all the songs, and now I can add songs to the Walkman but can't make a Playlist per se and the songs aren't in the right order. Grrrrr.

Again, GREAT product. Support is brutal.

Anyone help? (It's your good deed for the day. :smileyhappy:)

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
FrancisG

Re: How do I create a playlist on a NWZ-W270?

How did you transfer the songs to the Walkman? You can create and transfer a playlist to the Walkman using the supplied Media Go software and the Microsoft® Windows Media® Player software. You can refer to the following links for more instructions.

If the tracks are not playing in order, it is possible that the Walkman's shuffle playback feature is enabled. Pressing the P.LIST (Playlist)/SHUF (Shuffle) button will enable the shuffle feature, and pressing it again will disable the feature. Refer to the illustration below to check the location of the P.LIST (Playlist)/SHUF (Shuffle) button.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Patrick5342

Your walkman should have a top-level folder called PLAYLISTS. If the folder does not exist you must create the top-level PLAYLISTS manually using windows explorer to access the walkman's file system.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Bluetail

Could you be more specific on how to do this? i'm having the same issue with an F805.
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Patrick5342

First attach your walkman to your computer with the USB connection. Then, if you are using Windows Vista or similar, click on the Start Menu > Computer
Your walkman should appear on the list of computer drives.
Right click on the icon for your walkman and select the "Explore" menu option.
Then Right-Click again on blank space the Windows Explorer windows that has popped up.
Select the menu option "New Folder"
Then rename rename the folder as PLAYLISTS, with all capital letters.

Then you can use MediaGo to transfer a playlist to your walkman.

This time, because you have created the PLAYLISTS folder the MediaGo Software shoudl put the playlist files into the PLAYLISTS folder. This means that your device should then be able to switch to playlist mode an allow you to play playlists.

This is a bug in the Sony Media Software because the MediaGo software should have created the PLAYLISTS folder all along, but you have fixed the bug by creating the PLAYLISTS folder manually.

Hope this works on your device.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Bluetail

Thanks Patrick5342!
Please use plain text.