Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Walkman Players

Pgallagher
Accepted Solution

How to pair a Sony WALKMAN® with a Bluetooth audio device

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask away. I will do my best to find the answer you are looking for!
- Patrick
Please use plain text.
Pgallagher

Re: How to pair a Sony WALKMAN® with a Bluetooth audio device

Sony wants your feedback! http://bit.ly/WcYjMO
This video will show you how to pair a Sony WALKMAN with a Bluetooth audio device
If you have any further questions please feel free to ask away. I will do my best to find the answer you are looking for!
- Patrick
Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
wbltools

I successfully paired my NWZ-S764BT with my bluetooth speaker (Acoustic Research ARS70). I cannot control the volume of the music. The ARS70 does not have volume controls. The ARS70 manual states that volume is controlled by the Bluetooth device. With my Android phone, the volume control is successfully done on the phone. The volume control on the NWZ-S764BT does not appear to have any effect on the volume of the connected Bluetooth speaker. Is there any setting on the Bluetooth menu of the NWZ-S764BT that permits volume control of the connect Bluetooth speaker?

Please use plain text.
SamT

[ Edited ]

If the sound does not increase when adjusting the Volume button on the Walkman player and the volume seems to stay at one level, this may be due to an incorrect setting. Try doing the following steps to resolve this issue:

IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete these steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product.Manuals are available online through the Manuals/Specs/Warranty link on this page.

• Some of the Sony® portable audio players are designed to limit the volume level with the Automatic Volume Limiter System (AVLS). The AVLS function is preset to ON. Although it is recommended to leave the AVLS setting on to protect the hearing of the listener, maximum volume cannot be achieved until the AVLS feature is turned off. 
    NOTE: The procedure to turn the AVLS feature off varies by model. Some units have an AVLS switch, where other units offer the AVLS setting in the menu of the portable player. Consult the instruction manual of your portable player for specific information.
  • If you are using external passive speakers, the power and volume for the speakers is drawn from the connected unit. Adjust the volume setting on your portable player in order to increase the level of sound coming through the speakers.
  • If your device is capable of Bluetooth® wireless connection and you are listening to sound via Bluetooth connection, turn up the volume on the audio device. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

http://bit.ly/Win-4K

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
wbltools

As suggested, AVLS was turned on, but turning it off in the settings menu had no effect. The problem is that the volume is too loud (not too soft) and that the volume control on the Walkman audio device does not reduce the volume. There is no reference in the Walkman menu to volume control while connected to a Bluetooth device other than the supplied Bluetooth ear-buds, which have an independent volume control on the ear-bud receiver.  The volume controls on the Walkman audio device function normally with wired headphones, but appear to be disabled when a Bluetooth device is connected.

Please use plain text.
SamT

Press the RESET button with a small pin, etc., to reset your WALKMAN player. If the same issue recurs then the unit may require service.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

http://bit.ly/Win-4K

Please use plain text.