Welcome to the Community!

Walkman Players

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 11 of 29 (4,050 Views)

Re: MEDIA GO won't go

It seems this has gone quiet. Has anyone found a solution? Is there any way to communicate directly with Sony or are all of us users on our own in this forum?

Apprentice
Message 12 of 29 (4,042 Views)

Thanks fo the info. I have the file but don't know where to copy it to. Have you had any successs? This seems to have gone quiet. Is there any way to communicate directly with Sony or are we on our own?

In addition, I seem to have problems with replying to posts. I posted the following on Customer Relations:

If I sign in to the forum and review the trail of posts on my problem (MEDIA GO won't go) I am unable to reply because there is no "reply" button available on any of the posts. If I am signed out and click on the link in the e-mail message that tells me there has been a response I can see all the responses and the "reply" button shows. I then can click on it and I am asked to sign in and then I can reply. I am now replying to my own initial query this way. This seems abnormal to me. Shouldn't the reply button be shown when I am signed in normally? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there any way to communicate directly with Sony? Can anyone out there help me?

So the only time I can reply is if I am signed out and then I can click the "reply" button and sign in to reply. Is this normal?

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 29 (3,974 Views)

I tried installing the DLL in Windows/, in system32/ and even in the MediaGo folder.  Neither one work.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 29 (3,880 Views)

Have struck the same problem,tried to uninstall and load older version (3.0) but when i go to download it forces the new broken version so it seems we can't even rollback to previous working versions.

Has anyone heard from Sony?

Apprentice
Message 15 of 29 (3,808 Views)

I received the following e-mail message from Sony Community Support <Community-Support@Sony.com>

Hello carterbr,
Your question recently received one or more answers.
Question: ${thread.topicMessage.subject}
Date: ${thread.topicMessage.postDate}
Did it solve your problem?
Click here to view the answer(s) and mark one as an Accepted Solution. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

Thanks for being a community member!
Your Community Site Team

So I replied as follows:

No solution has been found as far as I know. The "click here to view the answer(s)" doesn't go anywhere either. Has Sony looked into this? I don't even know if this reply will reach anyone at Sony Community Support. I don't know of any other way to directly communicate with Sony Community Support.

I then received the following message from Postmaster@Sony.com:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
Sony Community Support (Community-Support@sony.com)
The email address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's email address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.

I don't know what to do next and am open to any suggestions.

Bruce Carter

Message 16 of 29 (3,700 Views)

Hi Carterbr,

This sounds like something our Sony Creative Software team can help you with.

You can reach them at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/support/technicalsupport.asp

I hope this helps!

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Apprentice
Message 17 of 29 (3,631 Views)

I cannot find any solution at this site for MEDIAGO. Further, if I try to select some other software just to submit a question I'm told SONY no longer supports the software. I am unable to find a way to submit a query. I cannot find ANY WAY to communicate with someone at SONY who will address this. Would you please do something? This has been extremely frustrating.

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 29 (3,588 Views)

Created an account just to post this. I was able to solve this on my son's computer (Windows 10 64-bit)

I first downloaded the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 64-bit version, but got the same message. I then tried installing the X86 version, started Media Go and it ran perfectly. 

I hope this helps someone else, because this one was really hard to find a resolution for.

Rookie
Message 19 of 29 (3,561 Views)

Thanks moxxie!

I had the same problem and tried your solution; it worked a treat!

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 29 (3,533 Views)

Yes, you're right. Moxxie's solution is good. Hope installing the x86 version don't harm the 64 bit systems. However, as far as I'm concerned I will copy files using Explorer only.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook