Welcome to the Community!

Walkman Players

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 21 of 29 (1,911 Views)

Re: MEDIA GO won't go

Thank you, Moxxie, you're a star. This worked for me and since I started this post I marked it as an accepted solution.

It's encouraging that this community has the skills to find solutions for users but disappointing that we couldn't get any help from Sony directly.

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 29 (1,808 Views)

Hi

I have absolutely the same problem.

But what is X86?

How can I get this?

Thanks for your answer.

Sonyj themself are not very helpful :-(

Roger

Apprentice
Message 23 of 29 (1,802 Views)

Go to my first post which now has a green check mark indicating a solution was accepted. You will find a green box that says "Go to solution". This will take you to the post from Moxxie who found the solution, or alternatively just go directly to his post. You can click on the blue link in his post and it will take you to where you can download the fix. There are two versions, X64 and X86. Choose the X86 version, download it and run it. It will install to your system and MEDIA GO will work.

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 29 (1,772 Views)

Super_ now it works!

Thanks a lot for your help - i appreciate it a lot

Very best regards

Roger

Enthusiast
Message 25 of 29 (1,737 Views)

Hi everyone

What OS are you using for this solution.

I am using Win 7 and from what i can gather this problem stems from Win 10 aka the new Vista

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 29 (1,736 Views)

Hi Joffrey,

The link provided does not give you anything or any assistance that is remotely related to this problem.

Please advise as to what is happening in regards to this ongoing problem and when a fix will be available for download.

Cheers

Enthusiast
Message 27 of 29 (1,630 Views)

Ok so i bit the bullet and downloaded the fix on x86 and it worked,also downloaded x64 version too.

Checked my programs list and the only versions of Visual C++ Redistributable i had was from 2013 and older - both  x86 & x64 - so it may pay for everyone to check their program list and add these 2 files ( about 13mb each ) in if you don't have them.

Seems like Sony forgot to add these files with the update package

Enthusiast
Message 28 of 29 (1,408 Views)

Hey.  I don't know if you have found the solution or not.  I just got mine to work.

Wen you go on to download the Visual C++, etc, try and download the vc_redist.x86.exe.  I just did that and I got media go to work.

I hope that helps.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 29 of 29 (1,204 Views)

Thanks for the advise.  Have also encountered the same problem on opting to go for the upgrade.  Good old Google pointed me in the direction of your solution.  Much appreciated.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook