Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 8 (6,203 Views)
Accepted Solution

Maximum micro sd card size and accessories for the A10 series

So what is the exact limit for the players?

Is it stuck at 128 GB? Or it would work with future cards with larger capacities?

And will the US stores carry the soft cases sold in Japan? Where can I find a screen protector for this instead of cutting out my own which did not work out as well?

Message 2 of 8 (6,169 Views)

Re: Maximum micro sd card size and accessories for the A10 series

Hi RzmmDX,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

We're sorry for the late reply. Do you have any preferred models for A10 series?

The memory card capacity is depends on the model number of specific Sony device.

Thanks, ↔Dave 

Apprentice
Message 3 of 8 (6,162 Views)

Thanks.

I already have the A17 and I was thinking of waiting till a 256GB card comes out.

So the maximum would be 128GB?

But are there any plans for the Sony stores in the US similar accessories found in the Japan Store?

Such as the

PRF-NWH22
STD-NWU10
CKS-NWA10
Rookie
Message 4 of 8 (4,612 Views)

I can confirm that the Walkman NWZ-A17 model recognizes a Samsung 256GB EVO Plus microSDXC UHS-I card (class 10). Even though the specs of the device state that it supports up to 120GB microSD cards, the one I have works fine, shows the full card capacity in the device, and I had no issues transferring my files to it or subsequently playing them!

Apprentice
Message 5 of 8 (4,587 Views)

Thanks.

Haven't really used the SD card yet.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8 (3,944 Views)

Sorry up-front if this has been addressed before but can anyone please advise (WITH CERTAINTY) if the Walkman NW-WM1Z model (the gold one) recognises the Samsung 256GB EVO Plus microSD card?  

I tried it, but the walkman did not read-it  (I could not format nor mount the card... but I don't know for certain if it is the walkman at fault or the card was faulty)   The only card I have managed to find that works so far is Sony 128GB   My local Sony shop advised only to use 128GB cards with this walkman.  But one would hope that such a high-end walkman would not be forever constrained to 128GB storage options.  

Thanks very much in advance for any help on this.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8 (3,165 Views)

Hi Andy, are you positive about this. I live in Okinawa, Japan and Soft Bank tried to sell me a 128 go with the same fast read and write speeds for $350. Dollars. I almost hit the floor. I will gladly give Amazon around $140. Dollars for twice the storage. I just do not want to go through the hassle of returning if it doesn't work. Let me know. Also, is it still working?

Message 8 of 8 (3,083 Views)

Hi Datawblue,

Thank you for visiting the SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Best regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook