Walkman Players

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (425 Views)

Question about Walkman folder/subfolder play features

[ Edited ]

Just bought a NW-A17, lovely little thing that I absolutely adore despite not being able to read half the Kanji. I am inclined to return it however because I need a player that has a certain feature and can not for the life of all my google searches find anyone who has answers.

Do any of the Walkman’s (Any series) Have the ability to play subfolders AND parent folders?

Example: say I have a folder named “Classical” and within it I have a number of folders categorized by genre (Opera, Concerto, ect). I would like to select the “Classical” folder and then play ALL songs contained within it on shuffle. OR have the option to go into the sub folder and play only my “Opera” folder (I already know I can do this but it’s the parent folder option that seems to be lacking)

Any response would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

-Alex

Highlighted
Message 2 of 4 (202 Views)

Re: Question about Walkman folder/subfolder play features

Hi FrozenHot, 

Thank you for visiting the SONY Community!

We are sorry for the time it has taken us to reply. The NW-A17 appears to be a non-US model. To best assist you, we recommend contacting the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.   

Best regards,

-Erin 

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (195 Views)

So I actually live in Washington but hey I appreciate you responding regardless.

My question was not about that specific model, I was wondering if ANY device had folder play flexibility in the manner described above.
I apologize for the confusion.

Have a good one!
Rookie
Message 4 of 4 (194 Views)

Also I see now you were referring to the closest Asian office near where I live. I read that as implying I lived in Asia 😰

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook