Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Walkman Players

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (1,531 Views)

Return of the Handheld Walkman Cassette player?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Sony in the 1980's was the king of portable cassette players, why not a 2017 comeback?

I have seen people clamouring (on eBay) for the older models because they are either rare or high quality or both.

Vinyl made a big comeback, why not cassettes as well?

I swear if you came up with one model (decent quality) auto reverse, dolby, eq and make it compact and maybe metal shell...

Nice if it had a clear viewing case so you could see the cassette wheels moving.

Even re-release an old model again, you would make a killing.

Like the professional model or the very small ones.

You just see if this post gets some positive reactions from the general public...

I have many cassettes still.

I would love to buy a new 2017 Walkman branded cassette player!

Am i alone?

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 7 (1,472 Views)

Re: Return of the Handheld Walkman Cassette player?

[ Edited ]

I used to love cassettes, but, the bad thing about them is how often they would get eaten and mess up. The window in the Walkman to watch the reels moving is a great idea. When I was young I would sit and watch cassette tapes reels spin on my boombox, stereo, or Walkman. I thought I was the only one.

Mike,

http://www.dailydisgrace.com
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (1,445 Views)

Nope, looks like there are two of us.
Still a ton of views though,,,lol
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7 (1,365 Views)

Hi Nameeman and DailyDisgrace,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community! Sony takes into consideration all feedback to improve the performance and quality of our products and services. We're always looking to make Sony better. We appreciate your time sharing this feedback.

Thanks!

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (1,261 Views)

Just wanted to add that 2 Major recording artists have chosen to release their latest Music in Cassette format. Gary Numan and Beck are the two artists. I would also add that LP records have brought back somewhat the industry. People like having a tangible product and analog sounds great. Cassette format would be helping usher in possibly a shift in people buying physical media again. The portable market in particular would be a strong place to begin.
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7 (1,261 Views)

Rookie
Message 7 of 7 (1,158 Views)

that is a classic

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook