Walkman Players

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (135 Views)

Sony NWZ-B183F Walkman suddenly unresponsive, volume turns down by itself

[ Edited ]

PLEASE HELP! I love my Sony Walkman NWZ-B183F mp3 player, I bought it several months ago. I have always used it fine without any problems but today out of the blue I am having several issues with it.

I have tried looking on Sony's troubleshooting website but my problems aren't listed there 

So today I was walking up a steep hill and had the Mp3 player in my pocket. It was fine walking up the hill but when I walked back down I realized the volume was up full blast but I didn't turn it  up. So I pressed the Hold button down and then the album kept on skipping/going back and forth/chopping/changing. Then the volume automatically started going down to 0 all by itself!!!!
When I leave it on menu it endlessly scrolls up and down and can't make it stop.

I have tried resetting the device. That's gotten it out of this weird loop but starts going back again if I press the Hold button down to unlock the device!
Could I have accidentally bumped it somehow in my pocket today.....I have never had anything bad like this happen to my device before. 

Just found out pressing volume + twice makes it turn off by itself. HELP! !

it turns on and off ok, everything else is suddenly stuck

Highlighted
Message 2 of 2 (107 Views)

Re: Sony NWZ-B183F Walkman suddenly unresponsive, volume turns down by itself

[ Edited ]

Hi Cameron1391,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/locale-selector?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
~Ralph

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook