Walkman Players

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (4,616 Views)

Sony NWZ E475 won't turn on

Hello all,

I've had this device for more than a year and it has performed well until today. I was listening to it, and it was in my pocket when it suddenly stopped playing music.

I took it out and saw that the screen said "device on hold, to activate controls slide the hold button on the right" (pretty much)

Now I was jogging and my device was on hold so I thought that's strange, it's never bothered me before.

I slid the hold button up and down and nothing happened. I connected it to my computer and the screen didn't turn on either, and it was not recognised by my computer either.

So what the ****** happened?

Please help me out, this is urgent. My decive will not turn on nor is it showing up on the computer when connected.

Expert
Message 2 of 3 (4,593 Views)

Re: Sony NWZ E475 won't turn on

When connected to a computer using the supplied USB cable, power is provided to the Walkman® player by the computer. If disconnecting the USB cable causes the Walkman player to lose power, then the battery is not charged. Leave the Walkman player connected to the computer to allow it to charge.

NOTE: Make sure to temporarily disable or prolong hibernation or suspend mode on the computer. If the computer goes into hibernation or suspend mode while charging the Walkman player, it will begin to discharge the battery.

Click here to further troubleshoot the issue. If issue persists, please reach out to Sony Australia here for further assistance. Thank you! 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (4,582 Views)

Re: Sony NWZ E475 won't turn on

Sam, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

See, I had to reset my device and it turned on after a few jittery starts (screen was turning on and off). i then plugged it into my laptop until it was fully charged - my laptop wasn't hibernating or asleep. Once I saw "full" on the battery icon, I took it off and listened to my music, and all was well.

After I was done I put it away for the day. After some 20 odd hours or so, I decided the listen to my music and the same symptoms appeared. it would not turn on! I pressed the buttons, nothing happened.

I reset it again hoping it would activate it, and it did, but the "battery low" sign appeared again. This was strange because I fully charged it yesterday.

So I let it stay for 10 minutes, then unplugged it and listened to my music. After just one song, the battery is almost after juice.

I'll charge it again and see how it goes. This is just weird.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook