Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 15 (27,030 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony NWZ-W273 not playing

Hi

My Sony NWZ-W273 was running very well until last week when suddenly during a run I heard 3 beeps (same sound one hears when turning the unit on) then the music stopped.

I tried pressing the play button but nothing happened.

When I got back, I plugged in the unit to my PC, and noticed that the OPR light was red so assumed the issue was lack of charge.

I then left the unit on the charger for 2 hrs until the red light of the OPR turned off so that in theory the unit was now 100% charged.

I then turned the unit on again, only to hear the 3 turning on beeps again along with the green light flashing then nothing. There seems to be no way to play any music on the unit anymore.

I then checked if maybe the music files on the player were corrupted by broiwsing the device via the MediaGo application. All is fine and I can play my music from the device on MediaGo.

However there seems no way to play the music from the NWZ-W273 unit itself.

Any ideas/suggestions?

I really want to get this fixed asap, as I use my player for my runs and currently am feeling lonely running without music! Smiley Happy

Thanks much in advance for any suggestion.

Cheers

Ganesh

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 15 (27,028 Views)

Re: Sony NWZ-W273 not playing

[ Edited ]

did you try the 'reset' button yet? i had a similar issue on an e series walkman (no beeping noises,but it wouldn't power on) and i took a small sewing needle and used it to press in the reset button on the back of my player and like that it was up and running again

i believe on the model you have the reset  is a very small button on the right ear piece which is not on the bottom like the play and ffw/rev  but instead is a little grey button to the right of the grille (just above the letter t in 'reset').its very small which is why i suggest using a sewing needle to push it in.i hope that works

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 15 (27,019 Views)

Thanks for quick reply.

Unfortunately I tried to reset several times but no luck..... Smiley Sad

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 15 (27,001 Views)

Hi Again

After trying everything I could think of, I decided to delete all my music files on the device using the Media Go application, then once I did this I reset the device, then added my files again using the Media Go app by importing files into the Library then transferring to the device.

Now the device seems to be working again - at least for now... it still seems to act up a bit, once in a while, but at least I got ot to play again which is a good sign.

I suspect that maybe one of my music files is corrupt so may have to recreate my digital files from my CDs.

Bottom line - if your device does not work, try removing all the music files the add files again.

This seemed to have worked for me. Smiley Happy

Cheers

Ganesh

Rookie
Message 5 of 15 (26,851 Views)

This occurs every couple of months or so on this model. You need to reformat the player... http://docs.esupport.sony.com/portable/NWZW273_guide/en/contents/06/04/01/01.html#l2_formatting. This will erase everything on the player after which you can copy everything back in. Besides this and that the charger is not just a standard USB cable, I cam very pleased with the model and use it to run over 70 miles a week regularly. Have fun and Good Luck!
Rookie
Message 6 of 15 (23,592 Views)

hello everyone,

I've got a similar problem when i turn the mp3 player on i can hear the chime and the opr lamb keeps on blinking (green light). I tried to reset didn't work. If I  try to format when i keep the play button pressed nothing happens, still blinking green. Any thoughts?

many thanks

Expert
Message 7 of 15 (23,573 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello There!

Kindly refer this link if OPR lamp turns (or blinks) in green, and beeps. 

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31620/c/65,66/p/57784,59687,59826,74 hope this helps.

To format your Walkman here is the Link.

Thanks Bob. 

Rookie
Message 8 of 15 (18,183 Views)

Hi, 

My sony player is able to charge but i couldnt switch it on... 

Tried to reset by poking it (there a hole) but there was no response... 

it can be connected to mediago thou. 

Please help?

Thanks a mil!!

Rookie
Message 9 of 15 (17,901 Views)

Hi

I have the same problem, I have tried everything (reset bottom, format, updating the software, charging with PC, mac, power plug, adding files directly from CD's...) nothing is working. My computer can read it and I can see the green light when I unplug it from the computer.

I need other options. (please don´t say technical support) My device is almost 2 years old. 

Rookie
Message 10 of 15 (7,316 Views)

Any solutions for this Q, I have the same problem I have the device only 2 months  

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook