Walkman Players

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (1,307 Views)
Accepted Solution

Walkman NW-A26HN can't play WMA lossless?

Hi, I recently bought a Walkman NW-A26HN.  Is there a reason why it can't play WMA lossless music files?  The device says "Cannot play; file format is not supported".  My old Walkman NWZ E464 has no problem playing the same files, so I don't know why the format is not supported on the new walkman?  Is there a fix?  Thanks.

Message 2 of 3 (1,289 Views)

Re: Walkman NW-A26HN can't play WMA lossless?

Hi Tenecer,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

Copyright protected WMA files cannot be played back on this Walkman, however, there might be a workaround for it.

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Best regards,

-Mark

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (1,244 Views)

Re: Walkman NW-A26HN can't play WMA lossless?

OK, thanks!

I kind of figured the WMA lossless files couldn't be played on this Walkman so I've been converting the WMA lossless files to a different format (FLAC) using an audio converter.  It's time consuming and I end up with the same song in 2 different formats, but it works. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook