Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Walkman Players

Tuning Up
Accepted Solution

how do I turn my player off NWZ E385

[ Edited ]

I bought a new NWZ E385/BC player today and I cannot turn it off. I have pushed the power button several times, all that happens is Hold on, Hold off. The instructions say "During pause, press and hold OPTIONS/PWR/HOLD button. I don't know how to "Pause" the player.

Right now it looks like the only option I have is to run down the battery. Smiley Sad

Top 40 Artist

Re: how do I turn my player off NWZ E385

Please follow the steps here on how to troubleshoot a Walkman player that does not turn off. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

http://bit.ly/LapMagWin

Tuning Up

You need to pause the device first and then hold down the power button until it powers off. I accidently figured it out last week. Smiley Happy

Tuning Up

Loganmum2772:  You are one smart cookie!!! Thank you so very much for sharing that!  I accidently turned mine off twice and could not figure out how I did it!   You truly are a lifesaver!   Lol ... tired of my battery running down because I can't seem to turn the device off (only put it on hold). 

Tuning Up

So happy to help! I cannot believe that Sony couldn't make the instructions to power off simple!  Happy listening!

Tuning Up

FYI: The pause button is the center button

Hi sfbaywalk,

If you press and hold the OPTION/PWR/HOLD button during pause, the screen turns off
and your Walkman enters standby mode.

For further assistance, please visit http://esupport.sony.com/

Thanks.
>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Tuning Up

There is a critical step missing from your instructions.

See my note above.
Tuning Up

Yes, this is the correct answer (and for the NWZ E384 as well).  You have to pick something to play, pause it, THEN hit the power button.  If you do it from "home" it will only put it on hold.

What a ****** user interface.

Tuning Up

And you get the award for the groidiest groid regurgitating the manual and not answering the obvious question.  Do you realize how many hours have collectively been wasted following that rubbish when you only had to say, "You have to be playing something and pause it for the power button to work"?