Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Walkman Players

Tuning Up
butterfly17

how do i sync my music on my walkman using i tunes on a mac?

Please use plain text.
Sony Employee
KishanM5

Re: how do i sync my music on my walkman using i tunes on a mac?

[ Edited ]

Hello Butterfly17,

You may refer to the article below for assistance with transferring files from the iTunes software on a Apple Macintosh Computer to a Sony Walkman .

Transferring Music with iTunes

• Connect your Walkman to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
  • Select WALKMAN in the sidebar of the Finder, then open the MUSICfolder.
  • Open a new Finder window (i.e., a second adjacent window), then open the folder which contains the music files or folders (e.g., albums) to be transferred.

NOTE:  If your songs are in the iTunes application, navigate to the Music folder (Music> iTunes> iTunes Media> Music).

• Drag-and-drop songs or folders into the Walkman MUSIC folder or one of its subfolders.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
birckcmi

Re: how do i sync my music on my walkman using i tunes on a mac?

[ Edited ]

This is not a solution. I've tried drag-and-drop and that will get the music into the Walkman, but that doesn't mean it will play. Some plays on the Walkman, no problem. And some raises an alarm about rights management, viz: "Cannot play. Please connect to compliant software and update license information". What's up with that, and how do I correct it? I paid for the music through iTunes. There's no "compliant software" that I'm aware of beyond the DRM features of iTunes.

Please use plain text.