Welcome to the Community!

Walkman Players

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (1,893 Views)

nwz-w262 not detected by windows media player. says code 19 error on device manager. help

My player works fine and I am even able to open using My Computer to delete some of the songs on the playlist. But I am unable to add to the device since Windows Media Player cannot recognize it. A Code 19  error is showing when I checked under Device Manager. Already tried uninstalling and updating driver software to no avail. Error shows under Portable Devices - WPD FileSystem Volume Driver.

Rookie
Message 2 of 3 (1,892 Views)

Re: nwz-w262 not detected by windows media player. says code 19 error on device manager. help

I forgot to mention I'm using Windows 7 on Lenovo laptop
Sony Employee
Message 3 of 3 (1,885 Views)

Re: nwz-w262 not detected by windows media player. says code 19 error on device manager. help

Hello Ric385170,

These devices normally use drivers that are already included in the Windows Operating system. Issues with these drivers could indicate a corrupted registry, corrupted system files, or even virus/malware infection. After running a virus scan and ensuring all windows updates are installed ,   you may try the steps in the link below to switch the device from MSC to MTP mode which will use a different driver than the WPD File System Volume Driver. If this does not fix the issue, I recommend trying a windows Restore Point or Recovering the system back to factory condition as a last resort.   (You should backup your data prior to performing any type of restore as data loss is likely to occur) .

Switch Portable device from MSC to MTP

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook