Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Walkman Players

Tuning Up
Drawde5711
Accepted Solution

sonic stage and windows 8?

Is the Sonic Stage software and security update compatible with Windows 8?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Re: sonic stage and windows 8?

Hi,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Sonic Stage software and Gracenote security update are not compatible with Windows 8 Operating System.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
jernof

Is anyone working on an upgrade to SonicStage to make it compatible with Windows 8.1?

Please use plain text.
SamT

[ Edited ]

Hello Jernof! Your feedback has been forwarded onto the proper department by one of my colleagues. You may check your other post here. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
davidfinch1960

I had sonicstage 4.3 on my new (ish) computer running windows 7 (?) but it now refuses to run at all. I can not even access my files already in sonicstage.

My NW-HD5 still operates fine but I can not access it via sonic stage or add or delete my music.

Have I lost my music files on my PC totally as I can not access sonicstage. Will I be able to access and add to my NW-HD5 again? 

Please use plain text.
PaulMnhtn

Good day davidfinch1960!

You're still able to transfer music files from Windows Explorer to the MP3 player to allow the device to still be used. If you still have ATRAC files that you would like to convert to MP3 you can find a tool to do that at the following link http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=NWE005F&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/down... .  If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
davidfinch1960

Re: sonic stage and windows 7

Okay. I can trans fer files to the player using windows media player but windows does not seem to recognise any files on the player at all!

Somewhere along the line some files are duplicated onn the NW-HD5 but it seems that I can not delete these.

As sonicstage would not open completely and froze without giving futher access I ended deleting the complete file so that the only copies of the music files I have are on the player itself.

Can I get windows player to recognise the music files on the player or am I beyond help?

Also some of the files on the player were downloaded on a previous computer can I transfer these at all?

All help gratefully accepted.

Please use plain text.
SamT

[ Edited ]

Hi David!  Is it the original PC where SonicStage was previously installed? Because support for SonicStage has already ended and you cannot install it on a different PC. The the NW-HD5 Walkman player's content can only be access/modified using SonicStage software and will not work using different media players. However, a member named aborgescoutinho here on Community has posted that he was able to transfer music files onto the Walkman player without using SonicStage software (see his post here) though we have not tested it ourselves. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
davidfinch1960

This is the second pc I have had sonicstage installed on. it was running fine then stopped. It would start to load and then freeze, I could not even exit the programme.I removed sonicstage as I had a disc with 4.3 on it but it will not load as there is no longer the Sony link.

I can now longer change the music already installled on the player. I am disappointed that I can not use my player as I used to or copy the files to the pc for editing. Very disappointing as the NW HD5 is s great little player
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
davidfinch1960

Ok. I have reinstalled sonicstage 3.1 onto my computer and an earlier windows laptop.

I now have two seperate problems.

On my main compurt sonicstage ahs loaded and I can access the player to delete files (I think) but I can not transfer the files from the player to the computer. I am informed that I am logged in as limited account user and to access all functions I must log on an account that has Administration or Power priviledges and when attempting a transfer get "You are logged in as a limiteed account user. Transfer not available".

Is there any way around this? windows help is about as much use as a chocolate teapot to the compurt illiterate like me.

On my older laptop the 3.1 sonicstage has loaded fine and works to a point. I am unable to transfer the files onto the laptop as the files "originated from another computer". Can II get around this????

As it stands the files on my players ( I have tweo NW-HD5s) are pretty much restricted to the players only. I can not transfer them for conversion on either sonicstage 3.1 or use them on windows player (the files are not recognised).

Please use plain text.