Walkman Players

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (4,109 Views)

walkman does not show music

I bought a new NWZE374/RC.  

The Problem: The walkman does not show the music.  Yet when it is plug to the computer is shows it in the walkman

The step taken to remedy problem:

1) I reset the walkman to factory twice and conducted the sync for the music, still did not work.

2) Reloaded the songs to my computer and ensured that they played.  Then conducted the sync process with the walkman, still does not show the music on the walkman. 

Expert
Message 2 of 4 (4,030 Views)

Re: walkman does not show music

If the transferred data cannot be found. Please check the following:

• The built-in flash memory of your Walkman was formatted using Windows Explorer. Format the built-in flash memory on the Walkman [Details].

• The supplied USB cable was disconnected from your Walkman while data was being transferred.

• Transfer usable files back to your computer and format the built-in flash memory on the Walkman [Details].

• After drag-and-drop in Windows Explorer, data hierarchy levels do not correspond to your Walkman [Details].

• Transferred files are not in a playable format. For details, see [Details].

• Songs or videos may not be played back, depending on the file format [Details].

• Photos may not be displayed, depending on the file size or the file format [Details].

If my post answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (2,660 Views)

I figured out what to do!!! That was so frustrating.  I had the same problem first with my Creative Zen player - their tech support told me "your device seems to have reached the end of its life" so I bought this Walkman and the same thing happened!!!

1.  I formated the player - from the player not the computer - so there were no files on it at all.

2.  I burned all my mp3's onto a data DVD using NTI

3.  I then opened the data DVD in "My Computer" - and found that instead of seeing only a bunch of mp3's as before, it had separated the album art and a couple of other things from the music files!

4.  I then dragged and dropped the music files - and not the album art files or anything else like "folder" or whatnot - directly to the Walkman's Music folder.

5.  Ta-da Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (1,304 Views)

Did you find a solution to this very annoying problem?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook