Welcome to the Community!

Webcast Discussion

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 61 (4,374 Views)

Re: MDR-1000X Headband Cracks

So another customer with that same problem. Just sent mine for them to check and decide what to do. After reading all these comments I would like to know if that can be taken to court. I know it can be expensive but they get away with it just because no one tries to due to that reason and they know it. It seems they dont care about their customers. 

This is truly unacceptable and it's imposible that so many people are having this same issue if there wasn't a design flaw on their product. Some headphones can be twisted and even bent more than 180 degrees and these broke just because I lifted the earcup from time to time to be able to listen to someone talking to me? Ridiculous!

I will post back what they told me next week. We should all start thinking of suing Sony together! No joke...400 bucks... What a terrible mistake.

Smiley Sad

Rookie
Message 12 of 61 (4,266 Views)

Same is the situation of mine. Bought three months back and crack came up on the left side. They are asking me to pay 16000!!!!

We should sue them is this is not taken care of...

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 61 (4,297 Views)

Hey Vincent,

That's totally outrageous that they think they can charge you basically the entire cost of a new pair, just to fix a repair that is "their" problem in the first place. 

I can't believe their lack of acceptance with this problem!

Come on SONY...you need to step up and address this!!!

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 61 (4,295 Views)

I can't agree with you more Luis. 

And yeah, maybe a law suit is the only way to wake SONY up and understand that this is not a problem that will go away on it's own. I will continue to read this thread to get updates from you on what SONY's response it to you. Hopefully you will have better luck than the rest of us!

And in the mean time, I also hope more people read these threads before buying. 

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 61 (3,968 Views)

Sony wants to charge me for the repair of a brand new headset which has 2 identical cracks on the side .
This is NOT due to accident or damage on my end.
THIS IS AN ABNORMAL FAULT FROM SONY .

I am writing as Sony has acknowledged this issue of the cracking of the headband with many of the headsets MDr 1000x .

I have been asking Sony an exchange of this headset and to correct the faulty given that many people has got the same issues of cracks appearing on headbands shortly after purchase .

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 61 (3,968 Views)

Same issue :

Sony wants to charge me for the repair of a brand new headset which has 2 identical cracks on the side .
I am writing as Sony has acknowledged this issue of the cracking of the headband with many of the headsets MDr 1000x .
I have been asking Sony an exchange of this headset and to correct the faulty given that many people has got the same issues of cracks appearing on headbands shortly after purchase .

we should build a case against them > customers had to do it in Asia , they wone and all got their headset replaced !

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 61 (3,968 Views)

Same issue :

we should build a case against them > customers had to do it in Asia , they wone and all got their headset replaced !

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 61 (3,964 Views)

Same issue :

we should build a case against them > customers had to do it in Asia , they wone and all got their headset replaced ! Mine is beige too
Message 19 of 61 (3,900 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Bman07OO7 and LuisB,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific. For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Message 20 of 61 (3,895 Views)

Hi Krishna029,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

To best assist you, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook