Webcast Discussion

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 31 of 79 (3,397 Views)

Re: MDR-1000X Headband Cracks

Hi Sony 

I'm in the market to buy a new pair of headphones and was considering the Sony MRR-1000X and also the Bose Quietcomfort 35's. I was going to buy the Sony's but searched the internet before making the final choice. I came across this set of posts and decided to postpone the purchase.

You guys need to wake up and take care of all the folks that got defective headsets, post an explanation for what is happening and provide an extended warranty of at least 5 years against this particular defect to reassure buyers like me. I'm not risking $400 on a product that I know has a problem.  Your mistaken to believe that the world doesn't see these posts and the 1 star reviews on Amazon.

Nobody can ask Sony to be perfect, but we can ask you to care of your customers when things go wrong.  That's what seperates a company that has a loyal following (and can charge premium pricing) and those that sell commodities at low prices.

Submitted with respect.

-Mark

Rookie
Message 32 of 79 (3,200 Views)

Ditto.

I've been considering buying these for a few months now but after reading a lot of negative reviews on Amazon and discovering the crakcing issue leading me to this thread I most definitely won't be purchasing these at their current state.

Nobody in their right mind would spend £300 after reading about the negative experiences of all these other people. Yes you might not have the same issue but by spending so much money on a pair of headphones it shouldn't be a gamble.

Guess I'll have to go for the QC35.

Disappointed.

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 79 (3,190 Views)

After haggling Sony on twitter they finally agreed to repair them but they were pretty much irreparable as they had completely cracked. I received a brand new pair today instead, going to sell these and get the QC35/Momentum 2.0s.
Message 34 of 79 (3,108 Views)

Hi wumbologist,

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America. For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 35 of 79 (2,627 Views)

finally after almost 4(!) month i got a call from Sony!

they admited that it´s a product fault and i should go to the nearest repair center to get it fixed/replaced for free.

they also said that they put out this info to all repair centers.

topic finally closed!

Apprentice
Message 36 of 79 (2,625 Views)

Wow webmax. Is this true?
Enthusiast
Message 37 of 79 (2,623 Views)

i´ll get it fixed asap and will post the repair confirmation if possible

Apprentice
Message 38 of 79 (2,621 Views)

Thank you webmax. Can you also ask them if it is possible to avail the warranty in another country? I bought my unit in Japan and brought it home here in the Philippines. I hope Sony will international warranty claims and be willing to fix/replace my unit here in the PHilippines. THANK YOU sir
Enthusiast
Message 39 of 79 (2,618 Views)

i´m here in austria/europe, the guy from Sony had a french accent so i think he was calling from an european call center.

but i´m pretty sure it´s a world wide info about the faulty material!

just checkout the sony website and go to "find repair center" - then give them a call and ask them if they know about this case.

Apprentice
Message 40 of 79 (2,616 Views)

Thank you webmax. This is really helpful Smiley Happy

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook