Welcome to the Community!

Webcast Discussion

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 41 of 72 (8,282 Views)

Re: MDR-1000X Headband Cracks

I was referred to Sony Service Center in Balintawak.  After they have  checked, they said that the warranty is now voided since it is already broken. But I insisted and explained to them the situation. I reminded them that I bought it for a high price and by that, it should be highly durable. So far the only  best thing that they could do is they emailed Sony Philippines Main Office. We are still waiting for their reply. Moreover, as far as I recall, they can only accommodate  one or two international store for the warranty. I bought mine in Saudi.

Enthusiast
Message 42 of 72 (6,988 Views)

That's awesome news webmax!

So happy to hear that you were able to break Sony down and get them to step up and stand behind their product!

And yes, PLEASE keep us all posted on your ongoing claim. We are keeping our fingers crossed that it will go smoothly!!

Hope everyone has an incredible day,

RFWDAR

Apprentice
Message 43 of 72 (6,981 Views)

Hi jomi. I hope Sony would issue a worldwide recall so there wont be any situations like this. Sony has to step up and earn back the trust the customers have given them. This is my first Sony hi end audio gear. And this isssue isnvery traumatic for me Smiley Sad
Rookie
Message 44 of 72 (6,806 Views)

I registered here to speciffically express how disappointed I am with Sony. They are handling this issue in the most inadequate, unproffessional and frankly - dodgy kind of way.

I was in the market for a pair of high-end NC headphones. I was drawn to the feature set of the 1000X. Luckily I always do my research before pulling the trigger on an expensive purchase like this. I stumbled on this problem and was absolutely amazed by the apalling treatment consumers were getting. 

Taken aback by what I read, I went into a store to try the 1000X vs. the Bose QC35 and see if I can somehow justify the risk I'm taking with the Sonys. 

I'm glad I did that, because:

1. Sony's product is clearly inferior in terms of build quality. 

2. While the NC is slightly better on the 1000x they are not as comfortable as the QC35. In fact I found the experience of wearing them slightly jarring.

3. The "gesture" controls are a gimmck. I can push the volume up / down on the QC35 much, much faster and with better response than I can slide my finger up and down the right earcup. There's a 200 - 300ms delay between the user performing the gesture and the gesture actually triggering an action. I encourage others who are in the market for those to check it out before they buy. It's truly not as great as it's being advertised to be

and here comes the best part:

The 2 headsets that were on display in the store I visited (in central Frankfurt, Germany) were cracked. Both on the right side. I asked one of the store employees why that is and whether they are familiar with the issue. They replied they've never heard of it and the damage is due to the excessive amount of people trying the headphones on and twisting and pulling on them. When asked if this kind of damage would be covered under warranty if it ever happened to me, they said "No".

I hope everyone who's expereincing issues finds a sane way to resolve them with Sony's help. I'd sell my brand new QC35s in a heartbeat if Sony releases a superior product, however shelling out $300 bucks for a current 1000x is certainly not a wise decision.

Enthusiast
Message 45 of 72 (6,734 Views)

status update: i got a new email from sony today:

german:

"Ihr Kopfhörer weißt einen Bruch an der entsprechenden Stelle auf. Des Weiteren liegt Ihr Kopfhörer im betroffenen Seriennummernbereich (5000001-5256984). Daher müssen Sie sich tatsächlich direkt an unseren Servicepartner wenden:"

english:

"your headphones are showing a crack at the specific spot. also your headphones are inside the affected area of serial numbers.

therefor you have to get in contact with our service partner..."

so it looks like that they finally know about this problem and defined an aread of affected models serial numbers: 5000001-5256984

will get back here after my pair is finally repaired or hopefully replaced with a new version.

Enthusiast
Message 46 of 72 (6,690 Views)

Hi,

I ordered MDR-1000X yesterday. A few hours later I bumped into some information about cracking headband. At first I thought it was wrong usage/defective unit problem. In the evening I found this thread and I was shocked and scared at once.

I wrote an email to the store as I haven't received headphones yet, but paid already. In Poland there is a law that lets return product in 14 days. So I may return the package in 14 days. However I'm flying to US next Saturday. So I have a week to decide what to do. I have already sent an email to the store service with a question if those headphones are in 5000001-5256984 serial number.

I also called SONY Poland and asked about the issue. A consultant admitted that there is a problem with SONY MDR-1000X. He also informed me that if my headphones headband crack I have to contact SONY Poland Service and they will take care of this problem.

Enthusiast
Message 47 of 72 (6,037 Views)

I have just (a few minutes ago) received a new SONY MDR-1000X. It's serial number is 5282734, so it's not in 5000001-5256984 range. It's brand new and already has very tiny crack on right side. Take a look below.

https://www.lesiu.eu/IMG_20170821_105602.jpg

Message 48 of 72 (5,695 Views)

Hi Lesiu,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representatives in Poland.

Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Thanks,
>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 49 of 72 (4,319 Views)

Crack after less then 2months...registerd just to point out this issue is not a user problem, unusual or incident based..170826_mdr1000x.jpg

Message 50 of 72 (4,168 Views)

Hi Geobas,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America. For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/
>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook