Welcome to the Community!

Webcast Discussion

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 51 of 79 (6,515 Views)

Re: MDR-1000X Headband Cracks

I bought Sony 1000 x last month from abhudabi yass mall . I have same issue as you all have left side is cracking .when I went to service station they are telling me it's a physical damage and complitely avoiding the product .I know some customers even went for legal action for this .Sony if you are not helping us dnt compell customers to go and have a legal fight .
Message 52 of 79 (6,490 Views)

Hi Faijaz,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific.

Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Thanks,
>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 53 of 79 (6,419 Views)

got mine back today after 8 working days from the sony service partner "fsms" in vienna/austria/europe:

1. they changed: battery + main headband (incl. electronics)
  2. they also changed the serial number from my original 511xxxx to 900xxxx by putting a sticker above it :-)
  3. they charged 0€ and stated that it´s under warranty

so far i would say mission accomplished!

will get back here, if it cracks again.

P.S.: Sony already replied to all negative amazon feedbacks regarding the crack and stated that it´s under warranty!

Enthusiast
Message 54 of 79 (6,403 Views)

Webmax,   

That's great news! Hopefully they have replaced it with a better quality band. And all future bands that they are manufacuring are of better quality too, so this never happens again to a future purchaser.

RFWDAR

Enthusiast
Message 55 of 79 (6,396 Views)

It is quite surprising that people have had to go through such lengthy disputes with a corporation like Sony, over their rightful claims, when (it seems to me) the company is clearly at fault over design/manufacturing flaws.

I am glad that, at last, they have decided to stand by their costumers; something they had to do from the beginning, before damagaing their reputation.

I have been considering MDR-1000X for some time now, and I wanted to ask your opinion here: after all this hassle, would you still consider buying this headset, or rather go with Bose?

Enthusiast
Message 56 of 79 (6,393 Views)

i tried both and imo the Sony is more comfortable to wear, also i don´t want to miss

the different NC modes and the touch control.

just in case a crack will happen again, then i´m done with Sony for sure and will buy Bose.

anyways - i´m wearing them every day so i will find out sooner or later and post it here...

Enthusiast
Message 57 of 79 (6,380 Views)

btw, just found this: Sony WH-1000XM2

so there is a new version coming, maybe worth waiting if you haven´t bought a MDR1000X yet!

Enthusiast
Message 58 of 79 (5,683 Views)

After reading some comment about this problem, out of curiousity decided to check my mdr1000x and saw that mine also has small cracks on both sides, I am.in the Philippines and have visited their service center today, showed them the cracks and the Sony rep told me that they have received email from Sony(HQ I assume) and they are told to repair it under warranty, have also asked them if the replacement parts have addtess the crackng issue unfortunately they have no idea, I was told I will get my headphones in 2 weeks time all in all no hassle in claiming the warranty for this issue now.
Enthusiast
Message 59 of 79 (5,371 Views)

So, 

Got the issue, has been repaired a month ago. 

And guess what? 

Broken again ! 

I use them a lot, so I unfold and fold the headphone to put it in his case 4-5 times per day. So Sony really da** su** !

Worst build quality I have ever seen. 

Enthusiast
Message 60 of 79 (5,197 Views)

I just got a call from the Sony Authorized Service Center (Alabang) and was told the unit will be replaced with a new unit as they don't have the parts to repair it and Sony Philippines does no longer have any stock unit( I assume phasing out the model for the newer model), and it has to be replaced by the dealer, I told them I don't want it to be replaced with the same model  due to the build quality issue with this model,  I was advice that I can replace it with other model or brand in coordintion with the dealer.

@WilliamWill Thanks for the confirmation of the repeated issue with the headband after repair.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook