Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Windows 8

Groovin'
surendra
Accepted Solution

BLUETOOTH NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 8

I have  VAIO SVE15116EAB and I upgraded  to windows 8 pro. But the bluetooth  isn't working.

Please use plain text.
RichO

Re: BLUETOOTH NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 8

SVE15116EAB is an Africa/Middle East model computer.  For your convenience please check the driver support page for your laptop.  Please review the Windows 8 upgrade limitations for Middle East and African model here.  If you have any questions regarding the support page please contact Sony Middle East/ Africa.

If my post answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
RyanC

[ Edited ]

surendra,

After upgrading to Windows 8 you may notice some differences in how you connect a Bluetooth device from previous versions of Windows.

Please review this article on how to pair a Bluetooth device in Windows 8 environment and see if that helps.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
surendra

I have installed the driver from that page but it doesnot work .here's pic related to it Untitled.png

it cannot be switched on, also there is no adapter in <Network and sharing centre ><change adapter setting >

what should I do?

Please use plain text.
RyanC

The last time I saw this problem, we just removed the Bluetooth drivers completely and reinstalled them.  The first few tries did not work.  You might consider contacting support in your region by phone so they can help make sure you have the correct BT drivers installed for your model since this is an Africa/Mid East model.

Windows 8 will only grey this option out if it cannot properly detect a working bluetooth driver/device.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Community Manager
PEG

[ Edited ]

I understand that you may need the driver for an Atheros blue tooth device  please try this link.  See if this resolves your situation.  If not let me know and I can do some further research.

http://www.sony-mea.com/support/download/523040

Peg - Social Media Expert

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
surendra

Hi,

I have installed the atheros software and bluetooth adaptor is also present.But when I tries to turn on bluetoooth from wireless then it says"couldnot turn on" ?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Community Manager
PEG

sorry to hear that the Atheros blue tooth unit is not working correctly.  Have you tried this on another computer and did it work on that?  also have you tried contacting Atheros directly to see if they have any ideas on a solution?  Let me know - thanks!   Peg

Peg - Social Media Expert

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
surendra

I dont think the problem is with atheros adaptor, its with the switching off and on from windows setting .

If there was physical button then this wouldnot be the problem but vaio lacks physical button .Lets hope update from windows can amend this problem.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Makachaka

Hi surendar,

don't worry. there are problem in bluetooth compatibility option.

Here is your solution: http://www.wiknix.com/solved-bluetooth-device-not-working-in-windows-8/
Please use plain text.