Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Windows 8

Tuning Up
AngieBoBangie90
Accepted Solution

Battery Not Fully Charging

I've only had my laptop for about two months and the battery will not fully charge. I have checked the settings in the battery care functions and the switch was not turned on to only charge to 50 or 80%. Today when I turned it on at school it only had 90% after I had charged it all night. The battery percentage seems to be dropping quicker than normal as well. It has gone from 90 to 77% in about an hour and I'm not running any programs except for Google Chrome. What should I check next?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
hagglund

Re: Battery Not Fully Charging

[ Edited ]

Angie:

Click the Assist button while the computer is logged into Windows.  That should open Vaio Care.  (If it doesn't, search for "Vaio Care" with the seach charm.)

On Vaio Care, at the lower right, click Advanced Tools.  On the left hand panel that opens, click Diagnostics.  Then click Battery on the left hand panel. 

Is your battery rated green, excellent?  Or only good or poor?  That may give you an answer as to what shape your battery is in.  Under the battery health lights, click More Information.  You'll see a graph showing what level your battery has been charged at.  At the very top, it should say Battery Care has been disabled, since you say you haven't enabled it in Vaio Control Center.  If it says Battery Care IS enabled, while your Vaio Control Center says it isn't, you'll probably have to uninstall and reinstall the latest version of Vaio Control Center.

If none of that helps, double-check to make sure you have the latest BIOS update.

Please use plain text.