Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Windows 8

Top 40 Artist
Doug
Accepted Solution

How to boot to VAIO Recovery Partition after installing Windows 8 or Windows 8 Release Preview.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Doug

Re: How to boot to VAIO Recovery Partition after installing Windows 8 or Windows 8 Release Preview.

After installing Windows® 8 or Windows 8 Release Preview, users may have difficulty booting the system to the VAIO Recovery Partition when attempting to return the system to the original installed OS.

If the user is able to boot into the Windows 8 interface, perform the following steps to reboot to the Recovery Partition:

1. Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Settings charm.

2. NOTE:  The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.

3. In the Settings screen, in the lower-right corner, click Change PC settings.

4. In the PC Settings screen, click the General tab.
  5. On the General tab, on the right hand pane, scroll down to the bottom and, under Advanced startup, click the Restart now button.
  6. In the blue Choose an option screen, click on the Turn off your PC option.
  7. Press the Assist button to reach the VAIO Recovery options.

NOTE: If the system does not have an Assist button, or if the Assist button does not boot the PC, power it on with the Power button, while simultaneously tapping the F10 key on the keyboard.

If the Assist button or F10 key methods do not work, follow these additional steps:

1. Turn the PC off by holding down the Power button until the screen and power light go off.
  2. Remove all power from the system (AC adapter and battery, if applicable).
  3. Reconnect battery and AC adapter then restart the system with the Assist button or by simultaneously tapping F10 as indicated above.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
aslani606

Re: How to boot to VAIO Recovery Partition after installing Windows 8 or Windows 8 Release Preview.

Hello

I've done all the above methods, but failed.

When I press the f10 key error shown below .

BOOTMGR IS MISSING

Press Ctrl+Alt+Dele to restart

My laptop has Healthy Recovery’ partition  size 11 GB

Model LapTop:VPCEG2AGX

I instal Windows 7 32 But not work Properly

I instal VAIO Care but need DVD to recover.I do not Have DVD

Please guide. How can I restore the original windows from recovery partition

Thanks

Please use plain text.
RichO

Please follow the steps on How to recover the computer to the original factory condition using the F10 key and see if that helps. If you cant complete the system recovery using this method, there might be a possibility that the built in recovery partition is already corrupted.  You may need to purchase the recovery disc if you don't have one. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

http://bit.ly/Win-4K

Please use plain text.