Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Windows 8

Groovin'
FlyingTortoise
Accepted Solution

Sony Vaio Pro 13.3 Touch: Touch screen not working

Hi,

The touch screen for my Sony Vaio Pro 13 Touch suddenly stopped working two days ago and I have no idea how to fix it. I didn't install anything new before it stopped working, and I tried to install all the new drivers on the VAIO update but it still didn't work. I thought it might be because of Windows so I updated to Windows 8.1 today and it still does not work. On the PC info it even says" Pen abd touch: No pen or touch input is available for this display". but this laptop is supposed to have touch capability and it has been working up until now.

Please help! My model number is SVP13215CDB. Do I need to install or update my driver?

Please use plain text.
NickT

Re: Sony Vaio Pro 13.3 Touch: Touch screen not working

Hi FlyingTortoise,

Please download and reinstall Intel HD Graphics Family Update for Windows 8.1 since you upgraded.  Then please go thru touch screen calibration to resolve issue. By the way, very creative in creating user name "FlyingTortoise."

Nick--

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
FlyingTortoise

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your response, but I did as you said and installed that driver and nothing has changed... The search option did not show a Tablet PC Settings, and PC info still says "No pen or touch input is available for this display". And thanks for the compliment =) I made it up on the spot for the sake of asking this question.

Please use plain text.
NickT

Hi FlyingTortoise,

Was there any changes prior to touch screen not working?  Like installing software or hardware?  If not, then try using windows system restore to restore back to a date that you know when it was working.  If that still does not resolve issue.  Then we may have to put the unit back to factory condition to eliminate software related before servicing the unit for hardware.

Nick--

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
FlyingTortoise

Hi Nick,

No I did not change anything prior to the touch screen not working. I also cannot restore since the only restore point I have is on a day after the touch screen not working. Is there really no other way than to put it back to factory condition? That's really depressing since I just got this laptop and already it's not working...

Please use plain text.
NickT

Hi FlyingTortoise,

Also, have you run all vaio and windows updates after installing windows 8.1?  If not, do so.  Because the touchscreen drivers is built into windows itself.

Nick--

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
FlyingTortoise

Hi Nick,

By Sony updates do you mean all the updates on VAIO update? If so then I have installed all of those updates. And I also installed the updates from the Windows Update application. I was looking at the other discussion forums and one of them suggested to uninstall a driver completely and reinstalling it again to fix a certain problem. I'm wondering if that method would also work for my problem. But the problem is I don't know where the source of the problem is so I don't know what to uninstall.

Please use plain text.
NickT

Hi FlyingTortoise,

Please go into device manager and look for HID COMPLIANT TOUCH SCREEN under HUMAN INTERFACE DEVICES.  Then right click on it and left click uninstall and reboot the computer to let windows rebuilt the drivers. 

Nick--

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
FlyingTortoise

Hi Nick,

Still no go... There was no HID Compliant touch screen driver under Human Interface Devices. The only thing under it was Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device, and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling that but nothing. Could this be a hardware problem?

Please use plain text.
NickT

Hi FlyingTortoise,

It should have the HID Compliant Touch Screen there.  If does not, then there is something wrong here.  It could be that the unit did not come with Touchscreen or hardware malfunctions or something with Windows.  The last step is to put the computer back to factory condition to eliminate software related before we can assume hardware failures.  If you do decide to put it back to factory, please backup your data/files first before performing factory reset.

Nick--  

Please use plain text.