Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Windows 8

Tuning Up
84elizabethann
Accepted Solution

Touchpad settings in Windows 8

[ Edited ]

I just upgraded my E series laptop SVE15119OS to Windows 8 Pro and now I can't scroll pages, my touchpad options are gone - help please.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Miguael

Re: Touchpad settings in Windows 8

Hello Elizabeth,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

First, download and install the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Update from here: http://esupport.sony.com/CA/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=SVE151190S&upd_id=8208&os_group_id=24

Next, follow all the steps mentioned below to enable the scrolling feature of the touchpad:

Press Windows + C keys to open the Charms menu, type control panel in the search charms and press the Enter key to access it.

Click on Hardware and Sound > Mouse > Function Tab > Click to check the box next to Use Scroll Function > Click OK.

Regards,

Miguael

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
samiassi

hi Miguael,

i have the same problem but my Laptop model is sve14aa11w, can i still download the same Driver? i didn't find my model number on the esupport.sony.com, i'm in the Middle East.

thank you

Sami

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
hamidreza2155

I went to Sony support site & there wasnt Driver for windows 8 & downloaded " Synaptics Pointing Driver " for windows 7 x64 & installed it but my touchpad scroll doesnt work :smileysad: 

there isnt function tab in mouse propertice :smileysad:

Plz help 

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Hello there hamidreza2155!

Can you please provide the exact model name of your laptop for us to check it's specifications.

@samiassi

Thank you for providing the exact model name of your laptop, unfortunately, we are unable to assist customers outside the US. You may refer to this page to get information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region.

~Tim

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
hamidreza2155

Yes , of course ... 

My laptob Model : VPCEA45FG ( White ) 

Tnx <3

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Hello there hamidreza2155!

Thank you for providing the exact model name of your laptop, unfortunately, we are unable to assist customers outside the US. You may refer to this page to get information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region.

~Tim

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
hamidreza2155

Tnx a lot :smileyhappy: <3
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
alyssaplease

Also can you check if there is a driver for my Vaio Model? 

The model is SVE141D11L

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Hello there alyssaplease!

For us to check your computer's specifications, can you please provide the exact model name.

Thank you

~Tim

Please use plain text.