Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Windows 8

Groovin'
Phylos
Accepted Solution

Vaio Duo 13 Windows 8.1 Issues

Hi.

I have updated to Windows 8.1 and am having a few issues:

1. Vaio Update no longer finds any updates despite multiple updates on the support website. i have had to install them manually. I am running 6.3.1.10120. I have even tried to reinstall the software.

2. Vaio Control Center has disappeared. Trying to run any updates says I have already go it installed but it is not even listed in Programes and Features in Control Panel.

3. The Windows button at the bottom of the display doesn't work on initial boot. If I go to the desktop then it works fine thereafter. Weird.

If anyone has any suggestions particularly to solve the first two issues it would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Cybermeanstreak

Re: Vaio Duo 13 Windows 8.1 Issues

I have same issues after upgrading to 8.1. However, VAIO updates (automatic) did work once initially. By the 2nd time could not get downloads.

I also had same problem prior to updating. The only way was with manual updates from the VAIO update web site.

Please use plain text.
NickT

[ Edited ]

Hi Cybermeanstreak and Phylos,

First of all, did both of you ran all the Vaio and Windows updates prior to upgrading to Windows 8.1?  If not, then it is possible that you may some issues.  If you can, please uninstall both software and updates from the computer and reboot.  Then download and reinstall them from esupport.sony.com(US models).  I have tested with our jig unit here and no problems at all.

Windows 8.1 installations

Nick--

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Phylos

Which updates / software should I uninstall?

I've done this for Vaio update, but no luck.

Please use plain text.
NickT

Hi Phylos,

I believe you have issue with #1 and #2 right?  So please uninstall those software.

Nick--

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Phylos

Vaio control center - it is not even listed under "programs and features" in control panel so how do I remove it?

I have already removed and reinstalled Vaio Update to no avail.

Please use plain text.
NickT

Hi Phylos,

Please use Vaio Care to reinstall the software again.  After that, try the updates again.  If still does not work,  you might have to follow the instructions on how to upgrade to windows 8.1 process that posted earlier.

Nick--

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Phylos

Thanks - I have managed to get Vaio control center back doing this.

After doing this vaio update did detect an update for it. No other updates are made available but I've probably installed them all manually by now.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
starman7

3. The Windows button at the bottom of the display doesn't work on initial boot. If I go to the desktop then it works fine thereafter. Weird.

Please someone answer the question : 3th issues is fixed now ?

thanks!

Please use plain text.
NickT

Hi starman7,

How are you using the Assist Button prior to booting up.  The Assist button is use when booted into windows or when the computer is off.  I hope your are not pressing the power button and then the Assist button.  When the computer is off, press the Assist Button without the power button. 

Nick--

Please use plain text.